ABW Ambassador
    Has CJ stopped tracking this afternoon?
    I ran my first campaign on CJ last night, awoke this afternoon with some good results. So wanted to scale up. Changed the bitly link customization I was using, and did some test clicks and launched a mini-campaign just to be safe.

So far, bitly is tracking the clicks form the last 3 hours. CJ's performance report shows nothing. Is that normal? I had thought the performance report was quicker to track.

It does list my commission from last night and those clicks. And a few clicks from earlier today.

Should I hold off, is there currently a tracking problem? Or should be okay, launch?

Thanks.

CJ has been screwed up pretty bad since early November.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    CJ has been screwed up pretty bad since early November.
    Oy.. and I found a merchant who converts really well for what I'm doing. Only offered on CJ. Would it be a waste of time then to continue? Was going to do some paid advertising as well.

Well the problems with stats/reporting have been screwed up for so long, one would wonder if they don't even know how to fix what's wrong or they would have by now, ya know?

I did a test purchase the other day and it tracked OK.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Well the problems with stats/reporting have been screwed up for so long, one would wonder if they don't even know how to fix what's wrong or they would have by now, ya know?

I did a test purchase the other day and it tracked OK.
    Thanks, and since I do have commission from the campaign last night, I should be fine?

I've been so spoiled by SaS. Usually always tracks real time for me. So I always get concerned when I don't see my test tracks right away (let along a few hours!).

My own purchase tracked as well...

Unfortunately one of my best merchants is on CJ, so I have to live with these delays. But as of right now, my account shows 0 clicks & 0 impressions for the day, which is obviously incorrect.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    My own purchase tracked as well...

Unfortunately one of my best merchants is on CJ, so I have to live with these delays. But as of right now, my account shows 0 clicks & 0 impressions for the day, which is obviously incorrect.
    In your experience, does CJ eventually update your stats? Or as I've heard, do people really lose commission because of this non-sense?

This campaign scaled up, could easily bring a few hundred the next few days.. so.. really want to launch, but would suck if getting that is a crap shoot.

ABW Ambassador
    Stats just updated at least. So that's re-assuring.

My CJ stats still show zeros..

Everyone else ok now..?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm still seeing zeros on my My Quick Stats (Home Page). Commission Summary (Review new transactions) reporting seems to be updating okay though.

ABW Ambassador
    Another slight update.. but in the past few hours, I just sent 41 highly targeted clicks, and not seeing that yet.

Better be a few conversions in the morning, or they would have ripped me off.

Do they do, rip people off at time?

Edit: Oh, that's good to hear.

If I were to sign up on another computer (same IP) with someone else's CC to do a test purchase would CJ get upset?

Having worked with CJ for ten years I can tell you their stats are not always live. The duration time from sale to reporting can vary from day to day. I soon learned not to check my stats hour by hour, but only once a day.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Ron. I'll try to do that instead, just check bitly to watch my clicks. Seems crazy they can't report in real time, but getting paid is what counts. So if that happens, then alright.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, update for me. I now show 90 clicks from yesterday showing tracked. About 70 more from scaling up. These are all highly targeted leads, people who emailed me in regards to the service. One guy even had questions, and after answering them, said he'd sign up. He may not have, but I'm sorry, no more commissions form that (and the cost was only $2.99) seems extremely unlikely.

So is it safe to assume I just got screwed?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I'm still seeing zeros on my My Quick Stats (Home Page). Commission Summary (Review new transactions) reporting seems to be updating okay though.
    I am getting the same, nothing for My Quick Stats but can find the info in Review new transactions. This is on the merchant side.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardaka View Post
    Well, update for me. I now show 90 clicks from yesterday showing tracked. About 70 more from scaling up. These are all highly targeted leads, people who emailed me in regards to the service. One guy even had questions, and after answering them, said he'd sign up. He may not have, but I'm sorry, no more commissions form that (and the cost was only $2.99) seems extremely unlikely.

So is it safe to assume I just got screwed?
    I don't think so. Forget the quick stats and hit the run reports link for data.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm confused, so Chuck is it possible, despite my clicks updating, there could be commissions that will show up?

I have more leads to reply too, but don't want to give away anymore for free.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    I don't think so. Forget the quick stats and hit the run reports link for data.
    It is the Reports I'm looking at.

Lightbulb
    it is safer to assume he either didn't sign up or didn't through the link that credited you. He'll have to tell you what he did, I'm afraid.

If one thing does not work properly, is it safe to assume that the other thing does? The "tracking is not affected" assertion falls somewhere in the realm of mystical magical hocus-pocus if you ask me.

I've been doing pretty good volume w/CJ since 2005 and I agree with davidh that something has seemed extra wacky the past months, especially on Sundays. He made a joke in another thread that maybe they accidentally turned up their "shaving" algo

22. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Just had Dec 2nd sales show up in the Review new transactions link.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm Baffled.

So yesterday after scaling up and sending in 70+ targeted click through, people who asked me for a follow up, no actually leads.

Today I check my stats to see if there has been an up date, and today I have 10 clicks and 1 lead.

So.. no tracking error and just really bad luck? Or tracking error yesterday and error fixed today?

Sorry to be such a newbie here, just haven't seen such a drastic difference.

1 conversion in 80 clicks is not good, but it's not bad either. Depending on what you're selling, 2% or 3% conversion could be considered good and normal. And in that scenario, it would not be unusual to have stretches where you send 200 to 300 clicks without a conversion, and then wind up with 4 or 5 in your next hundred clicks. If you're sending an average of 70 clicks per day, I'd say you'd have to run the campaign for at least 20 to 30 days to get a feel for what kind of conversion rate to expect over the long haul.

ABW Ambassador
    Gotcha. It is people asking for a follow up email, then I explain the service in detail and the cost ($2.99), so I would think people clicking would have a decent conversion rate. But I could be completely wrong.

The horror stories of CJ just has me biased, I guess.

The plan is to keep scaling up, a lot of work, so trying to be safe first.

27. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread