How long should I wait for my test transaction to show up in my stats?

When I transferred a domain to Dotster I saw that I wouldn't be charged until the transfer had succeeded. So I wasn't concerned when it didn't show up in my CJ stats right away.

But now the transfer is complete, the charge shows up on my credit card, and I still didn't get any credit for the transaction.

hmmm.

Hi Missdonna,

Because there are so many things that can go wrong with transfers and stop them from going through successfully we batch up transfers and send them manually every couple of weeks after reconciling them to make sure everything is correct.

If you email me the domain or order number (mmitford@dotster.com) I will make sure you are credited with the sale today and I will add a little bonus to make up for your time.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

Forgot to mention that getting a smarter way of handling transfers is top of the to do list for our developers and we should have something in place in the next few weeks.

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

It's almost like Mark put MissDonna up to that compliant just so he could strut his stuff as a pretty darn good Affiliate Manager.

Mark,

Can you say what the time period is so someone might want to
    test it out again ? Though it's nice to get credit once someone is caught the important thing is to test the tracking and make sure things are reported (since obviously we don't know are customers usually and if/when they purchase. If you give us a timetable of the relation of purchase and reporting then others can test to see if things truly are reported. Sorry to have doubt but this needs to be tested .

No problem reflections.

New registrations are credited within 5 minutes of the domain being registered, with CJ slowness it can then take an hour or two for it to show up there. I typically accept transactions on CJ every couple of hours.

Transfers typically take 2-5 days to go through the system and be completed, but it can take weeks if the admin contact does not respond to the confirmation email or if the losing registrar "accidentally" blocks the transfer (Go Daddy and Register.com accidentally block a lot in my personal opinion). At the moment we generate lists of transfers every two weeks and I typically manually reconcile them on a Wednesday.

The new system will automatically reconcile transfers and send then to CJ within 24 hrs of being completed.

As we are redoing the transfer system my advice for now is to focus your selling efforts on new domains and only push transfers once our improved system is in place.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

I was out for a while, and I just returned to find that I had finally gotten credit for the transaction.

That normally makes me suspicious when I don't get credited until I complain, but I don't think Mark knows who I am (although I'm not hiding and he could figure it out easily enough) so I'll just assume it would have gone through anyhow.

Maybe he did the manual reconciliation today instead of Wednesday because I reminded him. Anyhow, I'm gonna assume all is well.

Thanks, Mark.

Missdonna:

Both your thoughts were correct. I did run the reconcilations today because of this thread, and as we have a relatively small number of transfers at the moment I think I was able to guess which one was yours (if I guessed correctly check your CJ mailbox and you will see I raised your commission to 17.5%, if I guess wrong then someone else gets that surprise lol)

As the improved transfer process should be ready in less than two weeks I am not going to run any more reconciliation for transfers until that is working. Note this only affect processing of transfers, new registrations (95% of the volume of our program) will still go through within a couple of minutes.

Regards,

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

Thanks! You guessed right.

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I emailed Russ as well as through CJ but never heard back from either. It was the second time out of three that I had problems with Dotster sales not showing up.

If the transfer system was not working properly how are affiliates supposed to know until someone complains. You should have let the affiliates know this as by the time we complain so much time and effort is already lost on our part.

Big Tex:

I'm sorry you had problems. For about 3 months (up to the start of November) the affiliate program at Dotster wasn't being looked after properly.

Thankfully that has changed now and I am working hard to make it the best domain name program out there.

We have raised commissions, ensured bugs are fixed so all sales get tracked, put in place an incentive plan, kicked out parasiteware providers, uploaded all new creative, and we are in the middle of fixing the last big problem: the manual processing of transfers.

I have got the automatic processing of transfers issue escalated and now instead of two weeks our developers are telling me they are going to work over the weekend and it will be in place by Monday.

If you email me (mmitford@dotster.com) the domain name you didn't receive credit for along with your CJ PID I will ensure you get credit.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

/me waits patiently for his transfer to appear...

Mark,

One of our soon-to-be-expired domain names is currently "stuck" in the Dotster transfer system, is there any way to "unlock" it just so we could transfer it somewhere else?

Thanx.

VAN.

FFoc: As long as the transfer has been completed and the domain is in your Dotster account it will hopefully show up in CJ sometime in the next week depending upon when we run the manual reconciliation. Let me know if it doesn't.

Van:

If it is a transfer to Dotster and you have approved the message to the admin contact then the delay is likely caused by the losing registrar not auto-approving the transfer (they have 5 days to approve the transfer, if they don't it goes throuhg automatically at the end of the 5 days).

Unfortunately some registrars make a habit of trying to delay outbound transfers.

Have a look at the transfer status page in your Dotster account to see where its stuck.

If you email (mmitford@dotster.com) me the domain name I will look into why the transfer isn't complete. I can't look it up from home for security reasons so let me know when the domain expires so I know whether to make a special trip into the office today to fix this or if it can wait until monday.

Regards,

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread