I recently added a new pharmacy to my site and I clicked through to test my links. Nothing showed up until after I sent an e-mail asking about it, then 2 clicks showed up. They said "To prevent "cheating" so to speak, you can only click through to it once.", which doesn't make any sense to me as it's a pay-per-sale program, how do you cheat that as an affiliate?

Anway, to the favor. Please visit this page and click on the AmeriMedRx link. I'm just doing this as a test as I don't yet have enough traffic that people are clicking on the link naturally. I'm also not accusing AmeriMedRx of fraud, but I didn't know which catagory to place this in. If a few folks click through and it doesn't show up, I'll just drop this company as I'm leery of the "prevent cheating" excuse I've been given to begin with.

Thanks,
    Brian

ABW Ambassador
    Something's screwy here. I've seen it before and don't know what causes it. I clicked on all four AmeriMedRX links on your page and got an error each time. I was using Explorer 5.0 on the Macintosh. I tried again in Netscape and the links worked as expected.

I've encountered this oddity before, both as a shopper and as an affiliate wanting to promote a merchant. (One example is Eddie Bauer Outlet in Performics). I have no idea what causes it, but something is not interacting properly with Mac IE, and who knows where else.

Elisabeth

No problems here with the links Brian. They all went to the site without any problems. I'm using IE 5.5 with a cable connection.

I got a problem with the third link (even though they all go to the same place)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>HTTP/1.1 302 Found
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:34:13 GMT
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Server: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25 mod_ssl/2.8.2 OpenSSL/0.9.6
    Set-Cookie: AffiliateLinkLastClick=20020216113414|353; expires=Wed Jul 4 16:34:14 2029; path=/amerimedrx/;
    P3P: policyref="http://wetrack.it/w3c/p3p.xml", CP="NOI DSP COR CURa OUR BUS NAV STA"
    Set-Cookie: AffiliateLink=aid|353||mid|; expires=Mon Mar 18 16:34:14 2002; path=/amerimedrx/;
    Via: 1.1 proxy-4v (NetCache NetApp/5.1R2D16)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Netscape 6.2 and ADSL connection.

All 4 worked fine in IE 5.5

clickety-clicked okay IE5

Thank you all for taking the time to help. I appreciate it. I now have 10 clickthroughs according to their stats. So apparently they are tracking those. At the moment their site appears to be down, so I couldn't look into any of the errors listed.

When I run my stats for today, I'll have to compare them to see if they are accurate.

Thanks again,
    Brian

I got page can not be displayed on all four links.

the page I ended up at is http://www.amerimedrx.com/?aid=353

I'm using ie 6.0

Got a "could not connect to remote server" when trying to click through with Opera [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

All 4 links worked here with IE 5.5, but they all go to the same place.

I got the same results as Elisabeth on my Mac using IE5 and Netscape 4.5. Looks like they just have a crappy tracking system.

-Joey

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: Joey ]

Thanks to all again. I plan on giving them a month or so to see if they can convert sales even with the funky tracking problems. After that I'll probably take them off. I keep finding new pharmacies quite often, so I shouldn't have a problem replacing them. I realize that deep linking might convert a bit better, but I can't do it at all the pharmacies I'm currently with. So to maintain continuity among all the links, I just link to the front page of each pharmacy.

Brian

p.s. Unless you're just curious I don't need any more test clickers. Thanks again.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread