Question Articles on my Blog
    Background:
    I have 1 Blog and 3 Sites on the same general topic but each of the three sites have their own sub area. All 4 sites have their own domain name (not sub domains).

On the Blog I post about a different item each day and link to the merchant website. One link to the Item and one link to the merchant homepage.

Ok, now the question.

I have some 500-600 word Articles/Content written. I would like to put the complete Article on one of the three sites and post say the first half of the Article on the blog and direct the visitor to visit my site to read the rest of the article and hopfully shop from my site.

does this sound ok??

Thank you
    Kevin.......
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Ask yourself if that would be the best experience for your visitors.

Why do you have 4 sites on the same general topic? From an SEO standpoint, combining the content on those sites would give a single site much more authority.

3. Thanks From:
    kse

Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    Why do you have 4 sites on the same general topic? From an SEO standpoint, combining the content on those sites would give a single site much more authority.
    Each site deals with a different sub area and people would only buy from one site that fits them. They would not have any interest in buying from the other two sites. This allows me to have good keyword domain names.

Ask yourself if that would be the best experience for your visitors.
    I asked myself the same question and that why I posted the question. I guess I could post the full Article on both sites and link to the main site from the Article on the Blog??? I guess it would work similar as using ezine but this way I own both sites??

I thinking by doing this:
    1) I get links to my main sites (seo)
    2) I get people to one of my main sites and browse though my site looking for products
    3) I have control of my original Article (only posted on my sites)
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    kse,

IMO, you have 4 seperate sites for a reason. I would write very targeted content for each site just like you would for any site.

Interlinking your sites like this sounds like a lot of work for what may prove to be of little value. You may be better off posting just intriguing bullets to entice readers to the next page (site). Yahoo news does this a lot and, like a fool, I can't resist clicking on these items - they are short and easy to read and they always have a great hook.

Calebtheredwood raises a great point about having all these sub-niches under one site. It would be more credible/authoritative to the search engines. Like you, I also use multiple sites on keyword rich domain names to promote slightly different sub niches of a common theme. (Think redwidgets.com, bluewidgets.com, greenwidgets.com etc.) I was wondering how the search engines would feel about a site "widgets.com" with the domain name "redwidgets.com" pointed at the the same site or to the folder containing "widgets.com/redwidgets".
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

6. Thanks From:
    kse

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave View Post
    Calebtheredwood raises a great point about having all these sub-niches under one site. It would be more credible/authoritative to the search engines. Like you, I also use multiple sites on keyword rich domain names to promote slightly different sub niches of a common theme. (Think redwidgets.com, bluewidgets.com, greenwidgets.com etc.) I was wondering how the search engines would feel about a site "widgets.com" with the domain name "redwidgets.com" pointed at the the same site or to the folder containing "widgets.com/redwidgets".
    I understand the thought about a single site (which I do have as well) but I found alot of advantages "And Sale" with multable sites.

Right now as I posted in another thread that I new to Blogs (not AM) and I learning how to work the blog with my other sites (or if I should keep them seperate)

Kevin.............

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    You still risk a duplicate content penalty as having 1/2 the article on one website and the complete article on another.

Another thing to consider is being penalized as having doorway pages.

Best to make any post or article, regardless of where it is, unique...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

9. Thanks From:
    kse

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Another thing to consider is being penalized as having doorway pages
    Can you explain this to me please with regards to the Blog. I should not link from any article on my Blog to another one of my sites?? Right now the purpose of the Blog is to promote individual items and direct them to the merchants site.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Doorway pages are just that - they serve no purpose other than to send traffic to a specific landing page on another site. This is the over-simplified explanation.

You have to think: "What is the value of the originating page to the reader?". Then think: "Why don't I just put that content on the destination page only?"

Nothing wrong with using a blog to pre-sell your visitors on a merchant and/or their products. But why duplicate your work?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

12. Thanks From:

Cant you just make combined the other 2 sites? I think its easier for the reader.

You can funnel traffic from your blog to one of your sites, but it's best to post the entire article on your site and not post half on the blog and half on your main site. This doesn't really make for good user experience.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Much better to unite the other site since they tackle one general topic then it is also advisable or your to post original content on one domain and not half for the other one, this will leave your readers a big question mark(?)

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread