Hi Folks.

In a couple of months I'll be having a TV crew round filming Famous Little Me. And I thought, seeing as part of it will be about what I'm up to now, the conversation might get round to freelance online sales. And then they are probably going to want to know who I sell things for.

I'm trying to work out how to fit the words 'Amazon' 'commission' 'money' and 'intercepted' into a phrase that will not only *not* freak out the production company lawyers, but won't freak out the (generally quite paranoid about lawsuits) producer - whose knowledge of libel law will err on the paranoid side, if I know TV people.

I don't even want them to have the slightest suspicion they better snip out what I've said. Yet I'd like to put customers off these scumware suckers and this seems too good an oppertunity to pass up.

Something about why I'm busy removing their links.

Suggestions anyone? Theres a good long while to think about it.

I

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Refer to the "bogus links" inserted by TopText into your pages and unauthorized incent Popups from Amazon that magically appear when you sent traffic to a competitor as hurting your referral sales organization. Get the reporter to fill in the blank spots with commentary that raises questions on these practices so your own comments are off the record.

[ 03-25-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

And also be careful that if you spread these comments around that if some are cut then it does not leave viewers with the impression you endorse them.

Thanks everybody! I like the 'bogus links' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And I'll be very carefull to say whatever I'm going to say in one complete sentence.

I

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    So, you're famous? Gee, I'd ask for an autograph, but I don't think I could sell 'Icicle' on eBay for very much! lol...
    Go get 'em, I hope you get some really good digs in!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread