Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi All!

Haiko, I hope it is okay to post this, I'm thinking you won't mind because it's a way to keep WhenU/SaveNow! off of our and our affiliate merchant's pages.

StopU works via framesets, but you don't have to create the framesets as the java script involved automatically opens the page in a default frameset. Framesets (so far) shut out WhenU, and we've seen example of it working.

Anyone who's interested, please visit here:

Stop Thieves

Together, by supporting each other we can minimize the damage that these guys (and others) are doing to us.

Have a great day All!
    Diane Dennis

ABW Ambassador
    Please note that the above mentioned code is not free -- there is a $7.00 charge.

(an observation)

Hmmmm ... and an affiliate link at that. Curt should have thought this one out.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    It just doesn't feel right... to me... but I'm not sure if that's fair... it feels like charging for water in a drought, but on the other hand, this is no life threatening situation and biz iz biz... but... it gives me a little bit of the creepies.

Cedric,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>but... it gives me a little bit of the creepies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed!

Curt could have been a hero ... (see my post above) forgive the colloquialism .. but to me he is a zero with this, he could have set up a $10 CPM deal on pop unders to make some $ on the downloads and spread it out if he needed the $.

Respectfully,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Charging for water in a drought? C'monnnnn, you folks!

This is a product that might solve a problem, so we should be willing to pay a reasonable price for it, just like any other product.

Seven bucks is hardly extortion! Even heroes need to pay their bills, for heaven's sake!!!

Yeeeeesh.

Elisabeth Archambault

E,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... need to pay their bills, for heaven's sake!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes indeed! but most of the A$$es here will never think of that!

Haiko

You sure sounded like you're One of them for critisizing him then, Haiko! Your first comments made me so mad I'm about to sputter!

Rosie

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm...interesting. How does this work exactly ? Can you give me a URL that uses it ? I ask because, if I sent a spider out to the page, what would it see ? Would it get the main frame or would it be able to spider the page. If it gets only the frameset, then that creates a whole new set of problems as spiders don't like frames too much. Let me have a URL to test.

Apart from that, it sounds like a good idea.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Charging for water in a drought? C'monnnnn, you folks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You must've missed the second part of that message where I said, "otoh, this is not a life or death situation".

Curt has done a ton of work! I know that. On his own time. I know that, too. He's a good guy. I know that, too.

It still gives me the creepies. Sorry that offends some folks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let him sell the script to McAffee as a temp stop gap til they create a true real time scumware/Adware/Parasitewarez virus scanner and database.

You know, I have to say that I am truly disappointed in those of you who are seeing Curt in a negative light on this.

Not only has he created a script that will help to shutout WhenU, he made it cheap enough that recovering ONE sale will pay for the script. Don't you think he has to make a living, don't you think that at $7 a pop, he is doing you an incredible favor?

Frankly, those of you who have a bad attitude about this, be gone as I don't have time for you, only for those who thankful that someone is out there helping us.

PLUS, he set it up so that every single one of YOU can earn a percentage on it as an affiliate! And he set it up with a 2nd tier! He charges $7 for the script and $27 if you need it installed. He is going to pay affiliates 20% on both versions!! He will pay you 20% of the $20 labor charge!! Do you understand that, he is paying you even though he is doing the work! I tried to talk him out of paying us on the $20 labor charge, but his response was "No, I truly believe in being fair and if someone brings a purchaser to my site, I want that someone to earn commission on it.".

On the second tier, you get 10% of every sale that your sub affiliates make while they still earn their 20%! How can any of you see him in a bad light, every way you turn he is helping us!

I'm so disgusted that I may disappear from these discussion boards!

Diane Dennis

To MarkyMark and anyone else who wonders:

The frameset itself resides on it's own page at your server. You put a bit of code in the front of your affiliate links and when a person clicks on the affiliate link the bit of code you included "calls" the frameset to open.

Your pages all stay the same way they are, you won't lose positioning at the search engines, etc. because the only time the frameset is called up is when a person clicks on a link that you have included the bit of code in.

The frameset only opens when it is called, and that is after the person has arrived at your page and clicks on an affiliate link (or any link that you want to open within the frameset).

For example, I have the #1 spot usually with Google on "free construction forms". On that particular page of mine that comes up #1, will reside one or more affiliate links with the code inserted.

When a person searches for "free construction forms" they see my page listed (not the frameset) and they click on the link to come to my page. On that page are the affiliate links with the frameset code. If they click on one of my affiliate links, that particular merchant's site will open within the frameset at my site.

Some merchants approve, some do not. Those that do not, I'm dumping them because I can't make any money with them if they won't allow me to protect my pages from predators.

It's so difficult to explain, but remember that your pages stay the same, meta tags and all.

Diane

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    E,

Yes indeed! but most of the A$$es here will never think of that!

Haiko
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's that supposed to mean? Which A$$es are you referring to? or are you calling us all A$$es?

I think he meant that the people who don't think of that are A$$es because they are so thoughtless.

Well, I guess A$$es wouldn't think of that, would they? The rest of us, of course, don't fall into that catagory. We are all sweet people.

Ssanf, but Haiko flat out called Curt a ZERO, does that put Haiko into his own grouping of A$$es? It seems like Haiko is playing both sides here, first he calls Curt a Zero, then he calls anyone who thinks that way an A$$. ??

markymark, here is an url for you to check out: Click here to see how StopU opens framesets

I am so disheartened by the attitudes of some of you. Curt's trying to help you get your sales back, but he needs to support himself somehow. He pretty much let everything else sit on the sidelines while he took care of this. He plans on doing more as more scumware shows up on the internet. I for one am ecstatic that he has the ability to do this and that he isn't breaking my bank with the price and that he lets me earn commissions on sales of his codes.

We all need to stick together to get a step up on scumware, and we need to SUPPORT those who have the TALENT to create the codes that help us to do this, and yet don't charge a fraction of what most people charge for their talents.

Curt is a GEM and anybody who can't see that pretty much deserves whatever SaveNow! and the other creeps dish out.

Diane

ABW Ambassador
    Diane,

I hope all your merchants are P3P compliant.
    Otherwise you won't be seeing many commissions from your IE users if you use that script.
    I clicked your sample.. there were a few blocked cookies from linksynergy.com (linkshare). I wonder if they're there when I purchase?
    Also, this will probably violate a few merchant's TOS.

This is not an ideal solution.

Now, cut that out! I get confused easily! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ha-ha, I get confused easily too Ssanf!

Pete, thanks for the info, I will talk to Curt and see what he has to say about it.

I'll let you all know.

On the TOS, if it violates and they won't change their agreement fine, I just drop them. I can't earn money with them if they won't allow me to protect my pages however I see fit.

BTW, VistaPrint.com and Gevalia.com both agreed to let affiliates use framesets when I explained to them that we discovered that framesets appear to shut out WhenU.

Diane

Diane,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ssanf, but Haiko flat out called Curt a ZERO, does that put Haiko into his own grouping of A$$es? It seems like Haiko is playing both sides here, first he calls Curt a Zero, then he calls anyone who thinks that way an A$$. ??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I am saying is that if HE himself posted in the ParasiteWare™ Forum then the entire program/script would have been accepted differently. KWIM?

Obviously, people, in general, will complain, but even worse ... affiliate marketers! The hardest working man or woman in this business who dedicates their time to help, creates mediums, or tools will get balked upon by the ones I call A$$es for even the most honorable intentions, even if it is to only "Pay their Bills"... and would call Curt or others of his ilk a Zero! No, I do NOT think Curt is a zero, far, far from it!

Most of the WhenU scurge has been quelled, as such I, personally, find it relatively useless to pay for such a script; Which could have been monetized differently (ie sponsorship or the other methods I described above).

I hope that explains my position.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm so disgusted that I may disappear from these discussion boards!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Wow... so do you dissappear from every aspect of life where people disagree with your take on things?

Curt's done a lot of good things and has spent more of his own unpaid time than any one of us (my guess) fighting WhenU and TopText.

Does this charging $7 still give me the creepies -- you betcha.

ABW Ambassador
    Backing up a little to the frameset thing. Right, I've got it - seems straightfoward enough. At $7, I think it's a good price. And I also think that however this guy chooses to reimburse himself for his time, effort and skillset is his business and not ours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cedric:
    Wow... so do you dissappear from every aspect of life where people disagree with your take on things?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Cedric, only when people automatically see the bad in something instead of looking for the good. You guys automatically dumped on Curt, said some (in my opinion) stupid things about him, and I don't care to socialize with those who say bad things about someone I know is good. I don't have time for negativity, and that is what was spewing from this thread.

We thought you guys would be tickled pink to know that someone has been working to thwart these bad guys, but instead you guys pretty much lumped him right in with the bad guys. I don't appreciate that, and yes I will disappear from a group of people who are so disappointingly negative.

I have enough on my hands fighting the bad guys without spending time trying to convince you all that what Curt is doing is not wrong and not creepy.

Cedric, what do you "sell"? Do you use your talents to produce whatever you "sell"? Do people need what you "sell"? Sounds no different than what Curt is doing, except Curt is charging WAY LESS than he could on this setup. What Curt is doing is no more creepier than what you are doing (or me, or anyone else who makes a buck using their talents).

Diane

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Cedric, what do you "sell"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The better question would be: where did I say something bad about Curt? you might wish to read my ENTIRE message. I questioned the fairness of my own statements and yet still admitted it gives me a case of the creepies.

Are we stupid because we admit to a case of the creepies? Certainly not because we have them, eh? I mean stupidity is not the domain of emotions.

Cedric,

I did read your entire message and if you read my entire message you will see that I did not say that you said bad things about him however, you are the one that questioned me in my statement about disappearing, so you are the one that I directed that post to.

As far as the creepies are concerned, no I don't think you are stupid for having the creepies but I do think that if you have the creepies for what Curt is doing then you oughta have the creepies for anyone who is making a buck off of their talents.

What is so creepy about what Curt is doing that the rest of us are not doing?

Haiko, you mentioned that you saw no need to spend the $7 bucks for the StopU program because it's pretty much over with (your words). Curt doesn't plan on stopping with StopU, we (a few of us who participate at this board in addition to myself) are encouraging him to do it for every scumware program that comes out, past, present and future. The bad guys aren't gonna stop making the scumware, even when they're told not to (criminals break the law even though they know it's wrong). Because we know this is going to happen, we are trying to position Curt so that he can continue to work on new codes to shut out new scumware. The only way it will work is if we get enough people supporting him on this. I feel that the support doesn't exist here, there's a few of us but unfortunately those few of us are not enough to help Curt get this off the ground. We need more people supporting this and we THOUGHT that everyone here would support it, but we were obviously wrong.

Those of you who are supporting Curt, thank you! Thank you for recognizing that everyone needs to make a living, including Curt. Thank you for recognizing that Curt is trying to help us. Thank you for not "pooh-pooh-ing" him for how he has set it up. Thank you for not being upset about the fact that I posted the info here, instead of Curt doing it. Curt is uncomfortable with his writing style so I volunteered to put the info here. I sent you to my page with my affiliate link because I had my pages done already (the affiliate links on the page are not even valid links but I felt an urgency to get this info posted so that everyone would know that we have someone in our corner now).

Diane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast