About a month ago I purchased a small light from cyberguys. The credit card went through, the commission amount showed up in my account - and no light ever got delivered.

I didn't email to ask why not, because frankly I'm not interested. No doubt there'll be some excuse, but I don't expect my customers to have to correspond back and forth over every little purchase. Everyone else manages to send their stuff just fine.

I

ABW Ambassador
    Icicle, what is your point here ? A company failed to deliver an item - this isn't news. If you don't call them, they will probably never know. If you do call them, they will probably sort it out. End of story ? Or am I missing something.

If this was a normal merchant I would do exactly that, but they've reversed everything I ever sold over $20. Reliability is the issue with me. And, as ever, efficiency. I can't be arsed to mail them.

If you want to give them the benefit if the doubt, thats fine. I do not know whether they are dishonest or just incapable. Someone will more time on their hands might care to find out and I'd be interested in the results, but it won't be me. I've done my bit.

I

Icicle might be on to something here. If this is happening to your customers it might explain the reversals.

Customer doesn't get the product, calls them to cancel the order and gets their money back.

Meanwhile your sale is reversed

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, I see. Wasn't thinking clearly, sorry.

Probably not a good idea to irritate your visitors in general. Not only reversals but however many people will blame cyberguys and you as well.

I had a sale about a month ago and there was a problem with the download after purchase. The customer was angry at Cickbank but they pointed out that he should get a hold of me. Once they had done that I made sure they got their digital merchandise but it stuck in my head how their first thought was to blame Clickbank.

Semi-relevant I guess but its good to find a use for all the flotsam that mills around in one's head. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I think there is something very fishy going on with Cyberguys i.e. FRAUD

See my post here:-http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bi n/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=000088

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread