ABW Ambassador
    What used to be one of the best computer and electronics program wnet straight downhill since being bought out late last year.

They stopped tracking sales late December, but only today did LinkShare tell affiliates that the program had been discontinued.

F-You Linkshare and Outpost / Frye's Electronics!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let's not be so generious with Linkshare's disclosure routine. Their new agreement does limit their commitment to disclose shady merchants, those they know are going under or even perform rudimentary checks of their actually reporting sales back to the network. The Outpost was a top perfomer there along with Buy.com but that was well before Y2001 started taking it's toll on companies cash starved by no more free flowing VC funding.

I tried to alert them 5 months ago when I hadn't seen a sale from them and started to back off on showcasing them as a international shipper/distributor for computer/electronics gear. LS ignored the warning with no response. I even got lambasted at Revenews for taking on some former wank Outpost affiliate manager with challanges to the integrety of his company's reporting sales, pricing polices etc etc. Actually told them they'd fold in 6 months if they didn't play by the new affiliate rules. I'm sure ObstinateDon ( a Linksahre troll) will comment with the normal spin thta merchant love to give...."we don't guarantee clicks will convert to sales". Thank God I listen to some of my own advice and cut back impressions on this dog with fleas.

Y-2001 results:
    Sales and Activity Report Outpost.com

1/1/2001 - 1/17/2002

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    {*}Outpost.com impressions =281,147 clicks=6,465 ratio=3.59% items sold=2 items cancelled=1 0.004% Net sales YTD =$-26.01 NET commissions earned $-0.78

Seems I got over on this merchant since after a year of sending them targeted traffic from product -banner and text links I owe them 78 cents. I refuse to pay them since they didn't reach my minimum of 100.00 in negative earnings with quarterly payouts.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, now I know where to begin collecting my commissions when Outpost/Fry's doesn't pay me!

Anyone else owe me, er I mean Outpost, money?

78 cents down, about $230 to go.

Mike,

You are absolutely right...you flat told Steve in the cashpile showdown.

And of course he didn't hear a thing anyone said. And Haiko thinks he walks on water because he sort of fixed the when u stuff.

You know why he did it...he was about to get sued by a major take no prisoners type merchant for having their name show up on the list of scumware supporters.

He's had almost 7 months to help right the wrongs. Has he done anything, nope. He got $15 million from Mitsui (shows you how stupid Japanese banks are) and figured who cares about all the affiliates that got stiffed.

I got a check today from Urban Q for a whole $45. And I'm still owed money by The Street and few pennies here and there form a couple of others. But it'sgoing to be a cold day in Donni'e shower before they ever see another visitor from my pages - incentivized or otherwise.

And we're going to get our money from Steve or his merchants or both. The final drafts of our complaint are almost finished.

Although I have never stood by any LS merchant (to date) I, however, stand by Stephen Messer for his actions against WhenU, when no one (of the big three) did beans (Lex nor Gerace).

Haiko

Haiko,

When-U surely stole money from thousands of affiliates but no one can say for sure how much or when. But it wasn't money in the bank.

On the other hand - 108 or so merchants have
    stiffed Linkshare merchants WHO EARNED THE MONEY - yet Steve has done nothing to HELP collect it and ignores all request to help to boot.

And what about the guys who had hundreds if not thousands of merchants with slighly less than the $50 due for a check who simply dropped EVERYONE for fraud and then skipped.

Steve knew they were doing this ON PURPOSE.
    Join Linkshare for $10K and $2k per month - make affiliates a deal, get 40,000 to join your program, get them to sell, bring traffic or get leads so you can make $100 to $200 per month off each merchant. Then in 6 months after you take in $5, $10, $15, million and you owe the agregate of affiliates close to $2 million, but you haven't paid them because most have not quite reached the $50 level - you drop them ALL for fraud, you deactivate the program etc. You get to keep your $2 million.

You would be amazed at how many times we got dropped as soon as we got close to or made the $50 limit.

And NOT ONCE did Snare do anything about it when we complained. They never returned any email. They wouldn't give us the merchants
    contact so we could call them. Nothing.

And how many millions did Bluelight stiff
    Linkshare affiliates for and simply walk away. Did Steve sue K-mart. They owe us over $10k and he wouldn't even give us the phone number to Bluelight Corporate since it was no where to be found.

[ edited, based on multiple requests - Haiko ]

I'm going to do everything I can to get him disbarred as well. And when we get our complaint filed, I'm going to get ALL his records and turn them over to the Press, the FBI, the Justice Department and our people in Congress.

If anything is a ON GOING CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY PURPOSELY DESIGNED TO SCREW PEOPLE - IT'S LINKSHARE.

And if Steve dosn't like what I'm saying about him - sue me. Make my day.

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    There is absolutely no excuse for anyone posting threats of physical violence on this board. None.

To all merchants and affiliate Networks you don't exist til you reach minimum payout status. Even with very successful diversion tactics like Zero Cookie days -800#'s -phone only orders for certain products -Live Help buttons and turning off sales reporting during peak shopping periods ..sales eventually show up. Merchants then are faced with the option to drop out of the program and stiff all affiliates ( both those over and under minimums) ..selectively drop those who are close to minimums or run an honest revenue generating program. Some choose the latter and can actually prosper by firing their current affiliate manager and making the new one report to the sales department.

Haiko. Is the statment that Professor made regarding your 15 million re Mitsui true?
    Yes or no!
    Gerry

Gerry,

Misui did invest in Linkshare (see http://www.linkshare.com/press/mitsui.shtml ), although I am not sure of the exact amount, $15 million sounds about right.

----------
    Fred,

I have never said that Mr. Messer walks on water or that LS is the best thing since sliced bread, actually quite the opposite and for some time!

What I am commending Mr. Messer for was his actions against WhenU! ... LS has a long way to go before they are a CJ (to Me) but they did act and that deserves commendation. I can not speak for monies owed by LS or it's merchants ... I can however say my particular stats with LS merchants are not exciting!

Haiko

I'm still trying (yes for 6 months) to collect the $52 Outpost owed us.

They never paid me either. Nice to go over some of my old posts to see if I still have all the charm and grace when discussing sleezebag merchants. Bet the CEO and CFO of the Outpost are still scratching their heads when PcConnections pulled the plug on their buyout agreement. Someone must have informed them about the negative book value of an affiliate sales force that had been shafted for 6 months straight.

CEO's best pay attention now adays to the goodwill value of their companies. I warned PcConnections their program sucked bigtime too and they left BeFree shortly thereafter. At least they paid me before they went 100% parasite based. Fry's should never be online since they can't even handle in store sales.

Yikole ..keep up the faith but never expect LS to cover your loss. Hell it took Steve 5 months on denial to face the fact thta I warned him Outpost would stiff him for all fees. Must be his stubborn lawyer side that still believes he has power over his merchant pool.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    CEO's best pay attention now adays to the goodwill value of their companies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CEOs do pay attention to the goodwill value of their company...unfortunately, all of our business schools taught CEOs that purpose of building goodwill is so that you have something that you can sell later on.

There needs to be a new breed of CEO that believes truly building goodwill for goodwill's sake, and not just the bait side of the bait and switch game.

ABW Ambassador
    The affiliate manager for Outpost.com is NOW the affiliate manager for Astrology.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread