ABW Ambassador
    New Monitor - How To Adjust/Zoom Globally
    Just bought a new computer and bought a new monitor as well. 21.5 inch and getting everything setup. 1920 x 1080 is the recommended resolution that I have it at. But everything is so damn small.

With the 2 major browsers I'm using:

Chrome - you can just go under Options - Under The Hood - Web Content and I have the font size on Medium and Page Zoom at 144% and I can read stuff now.

Firefox - is there anything like that in the default options? If so, I can't find it.

I got the NoSquint Extension which seems to be working but was just curious how other people are doing it? Somewhere in Firefox I'm missing or you use some other extension?

Thanks.

Lightbulb
    don't know about anything but IE and 7. controlplus and controlminus work for that

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    don't know about anything but IE and 7. controlplus and controlminus work for that
    I know you can do that but I meant set it up globally, so you don't have to do that with every page. You set it up once and that's it. Or does that do it globally too?

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Have you tried going into the control panel, under display and setting it there, I had to do that on my new monitor when i got it.. It works globally on everything.

5. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I think it might be different depending on which Windows you have but with Windows 7 under Display they have the option to change the size of text and other objects on your screen - Smaller, Medium, Larger. I did that, first picked Medium, then Larger but it didn't seem to affect the pages I went to. More the icons and stuff on my desktop and some other things.

Yep, that's all it does. I had it at Larger, changed it to Smaller which made my desktop icons smaller, the bookmarks I have in the bookmark toolbar for Chrome and Firefox smaller, the gadgets I have on my desktop smaller, the weather and calendar one. Didn't have any affect on the pages I'm viewing because I changed that with the Firefox extention and then changing the size globally in Chrome.

I guess it's working they way I have it now, just thought there should be something in FF built in like Chrome has it but looks like you need extensions. The text seems light bold now but I guess I'll get used to it.
    Last edited by Trust; December 9th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Trust, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. When I go into "Display" in the Control Panel, in addition to the options for "Smaller" and "Medium" text, there are a couple of options listed in the left-hand sidebar -- including "Adjust Resolution" and "Change Display Settings." Would either of those options help? Do you see those options? If that left sidebar isn't showing for you, it may be that you need to set something in "Control Panel" but I really don't know.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    "including "Adjust Resolution" and "Change Display Settings." Would either of those options help"

Yep, I see those. Those 2 links actually go to the same exact place where it has:

Display - Dell SR220L
    Resolution - I have the recommended 1920 x 1080
    Orientation - I have landscape, the others ones turned things upside down and other weird stuff

Now when I was messing with it earlier I did change it to 1600 x 900 which made things better but figure I would keep it at recommended. Actually have trying it again, makes it a little too big/lil blurry.

I guess it's alright, might be I just need to get used to it. Had a 20 inch widescreen before and wanted something just a tad bigger so have a 21.5 inch now.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You may also have an app that loads for your video card that you may need to adjust. Mine is called an Intel Media Accelerator Driver and is resident in my sys tray.

ABW Ambassador
    Alright, will look for that. Got the Radeon 6870, best Dell had, but haven't messed around with it yet.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread