If I am in the wron area please let me know.

On August 19Th, I paid 97.00 for a program "Be-An-ISP", basically a web hosting reseller package.

After 2 weeks I contacted the owner by phone and made arrangements for them to reship the package UPS with delivery confirmatio. As of September 19th, they still had not delivered. They do not acknowledge that I ever called them and they will not refund the $97.00.

The money was paid through PayPal but because the refund was requested on the 31st day, PayPal refuses to get involved.

I need help!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    JB

That stinks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] While not the best advice you will get I am sure, I would suggest you visit the following website:

Reporting Computer Gripes
    http://www.computergripes.com/ReportingGripes.html

This site has links to the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, and more. Hopefully that will help you some.

Also, I am curious about your following statement:
    "The money was paid through PayPal but because the refund was requested on the 31st day, PayPal refuses to get involved."

I'm confused as to what the day being the 31st has to do with PayPal not refunding your money?

LLG - Lifetime Learners of Georgia:
    Homeschool Resources and information: http://llg.freeyellow.com/

ABW Ambassador
    Paypal are always my last resort when paying for things over the net. It is my understanding that they are more difficult to get refunds out of than other credit card companies. I sell some of my own software over the internet and use a different company for credit card orders. If someone asks for a refund there is nothing i can do and my credit card accepting company will always issue it. My understanding is that it is not as easy with Paypal - read it somewhere - maybe even in a Paypal flyer.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Thanks for your response.

1) PayPal will only get involved if the refund is requested within 30 days of purchase, they did no make this clear to us. We gave the shipper 1 calender month to ship, and that put us out of PayPal assistance.

2) I will make all attempts to not use PayPal from now on.

3) I will contact the BBB on P.E.E.L. inc., and file the proper complaints. We have a phone bill record of our calls, let them argue with that!

Thanks

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    You also have your records from PayPal to show your payment. The BBB can be an excellent source for assistance. Many times just hearing from the BBB is enough to make a company do what it's supposed. I've used them once with wonderful results. A mechanic had my car to put a new engine in. He stated that he put the engine in but that he couldn't get it to work. Tracked on for 7 months and I couldn't get my car back! Legally I couldn't just go and take it because the mechanic said I still owed him for the work. What he wanted was for me to transfer the title over to him in lieu of the rest of the payment. Can you believe that. I'm sure he had plans to turn around and resell it. Anyway within 72 hours of filing a complaint with the BBB I had my car back. For what it was worth after it had set for all that time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    If you used a credit card to add funds to your Paypal account, you may want to speak with your bank. They may be able to assist. I don't keep a balance in my Paypal account, but when I need to pay for something via Paypal, I'll deposit the amount I need...if you have done something similar, the bank may help.

As was pointed out, go to the BBB...sometimes you won't get a resolution like BLFH received, but it will help keep folks from getting into the same situation with that company.

Third, would keep hounding them about it. If it was shipped via UPS, it can be tracked. If they never shipped it, then they either owe you a product or a refund...On their behalf, they will be able to prove it was shipped and who signed for it. If it was actually never shipped,and they won't refund, it gives you a door to file a legal action in small claims. Remember, it's not difficult to file in small claims...visit your local courthouse and inquire...I had to take this route one time..cost me $35.00 to file, and that was returned when I won the case.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    HDC,

Another thing you can try which doesn't cost you any money is filing a complaint with the Internet Fraud Center They have an online form for filing a complaint. It's just the type of thing they handle. If this guy you ordered from is not in your state, then it becomes a Federal issue since crossing state lines are involved. Hearing from these guys would put a bit more fear in someone that hearing from the BBB.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread