Newbie help
    Hello.I am new to this forum and to online business.

I started to look for a way to make some money online only a few days ago
    and i have no experience in any of this.

Out of everything i read,I am most interested in affiliate marketing so i have a couple of question about it.

1.Is it possible to earn any decent money without having a website?

For me the decent earnings for now would be something around 700-800$/month.
    Now i know that it won't happen overnight,and i am ready to put some serious time and effort in it because i dont have a full time job.

I also have a very limited budget but i guess i could afford running a website,but i don't know anything about web design,HTML....

2.I don't have a PayPal account,because its not supported in my country.I just use MoneyBookers with a Credit card.Is that a big problem?

Also,if you could recommend me anything to help me get started that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to ABW..

Making money online isn't easy, but it can be done with hard work, time and focus. And yes, you need a website in order to get approved by merchants - affiliate marketing aside, I don't know how you could make money online without one!

No one can guarantee results with affiliate marketing - some people never achieve $800/month - but to start you need a combination of marketing and techical skills. You're asking a very broad question, which I don't think anyone can answer - I suggest you read a few threads here:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/intro...ed-151819.html
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/newbi...te-123746.html

A couple of days of research isn't enough time to decide if you want to become an affiliate marketer - it's a hobby for some, and a profession for others. You have to ask yourself what you can offer that might be different.. ie. how can you attract visitors to your website so they buy from a store.

As someone once said here - it's the hardest easy money you will ever earn

Thank you for your response

About the website,I am definitely planning on building one,but
    for now i thought about starting without one cause i really don't
    have any knowledge of HTML,web design and anything that is needed to know about running a site.
    I read some articles on how you can start with some affiliate program,and then advertise it by posting on forums,writing blogs,making squidoo lens,building some kind of lists(i am not sure how this works) and Google Adwords...

So Is this a waste of time or it has some merit?
    Should I instead start learning about website building right away?

Sorry,I am new to all this and I hope that the questions make sense..

Also can someone tell me can i start without PayPal account,just MB and credit card?

Thank you for your help

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by asliredzepa View Post
    Also can someone tell me can i start without PayPal account,just MB and credit card?

Thank you for your help
    I don't know what kind of "affiliate marketing" you are talking about. You don't need a PayPal account for affiliate marketing business. Credit card might be needed for domain, hosting, PPC cost, etc.

I don't want to discourage anyone from trying affiliate marketing, but it doesn't sound like you have a concrete plan in mind.

You can't expect to earn revenue by dropping links in forum (it's usually a quick way of getting banned), Squidoo is pretty useless as a real revenue generator, and hosted blogging platforms don't usually allow affiliate links (Wordpress.org or Blogger).

As I said before, it's a hobby for some (they write about a topic they're passionate about, and add affiliate links/ads to try to make some money), and a profession for others (they manage a few web properties and have design/development resources). I'm not sure if there is any place for something in between.

If you have a passion for a topic, I would say making money is eventually very possible, but not without in-depth content, and a website that is updated every day.

There are others here with more experience then me, but I've been in this business for 5 years, and with the changes Google made to their algo in 2011, it has never been more challenging for an affiliate site to get ranked in search engines.

A vague idea to start affiliate marketing needs to be fine-tuned - ask yourself what topic you would write about, what platform you would use, what costs would be incurred (hosting, domain name, additional software/scripts, advertising). If you were thinking of trying to promote something as general as Amazon, you might be wasting your time. But if you have a topic that you love or know a lot about about, there is nothing to stop you from creating a site today!
    Last edited by teezone; December 11th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Thank you for your responses

As i said,I am very new to all this and I am trying to learn how this
    stuff work so you are right,i don't have a concrete plan yet.

That is why i am asking questions here.
    I certainly didn't plan to randomly spam on forums,i have common sense..
    It's just that i read on various sites that you can start by promoting products
    for different companies and earn commission without owning a website.

But if its a waste of time,then i will learn how to run a website.

I would definitely put the serious time and effort into all this if i knew that i can compete with other people out there.

ABW Ambassador
    It's just that i read on various sites that you can start by promoting products
    for different companies and earn commission without owning a website.
    I guess you were probably misleaded by those sites trying to get you pay them a monthly fee or a one-time fee to have your own affiliate business.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you don't need to pay anybody to do affiliate marketing. You only pay for your domains, hosting services, software, third party services(if you use one), advertising expense...

Actually no,i was not offered to buy anything.

There are ton of articles about that.
    I just googled ''affiliate marketing without a website'' or something like that

Yes,I understand that I don't have to pay anyone to do AM.

ABW Ambassador

Thank you for your help
    Again, I'm just trying to help you understand more about affiliate marketing by answering your question above.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread