ABW Ambassador
    Any good software / script fot a poll / vote website?
    A fun idea sprung up from a conversation with some friends.. but I have no idea if it is even feasible.

Adding polling / voting features to a website that allows:
    -Guess / member voting.
    -Comments on polls.
    -Member poll creation.
    -Poll Categories.
    -Rankings for polls; most votes, popular, trending.

And uh, I think I could go on and on. But.. thinking about it more, seems like social network software over just a poll / script.

I'm sure something could be mashed together with Wordpress, but that would be a huge headache (especially when updating). So does anyone know if there is script / software that could create a website like this and handle large traffic without slowing? (googling has found some stuff, but nothing that looked worthwhile)

Seems like a fun idea, but if it would cost tens of thousands to hire a programmer.. doesn't seem worth the time or resources. Or just stay small and have it for friends to play on.

PS. Or even a good script that could do this, minus the membership features?

Have you looked at polldaddy .com ??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm.. thanks. Looks like they really don't offer what I'm looking for, in the features. I mean, they offer some items, but not the trending / popular polls, nor membership creation.. and I've found a lot of free scripts that do what they while keeping it on my server.

Good idea though.

ABW Ambassador
    Heh.. I was thinking screw it, maybe I could make wordpress work and pray it would keep working (I've had plugins just stop.. without having updated anything). But I guess the big one WP Polls is no longer supported.

Hence something stable that doesn't need to continually be updated as wordpress updates would be nice. For just some fun, this may not be worth it lol.

Anyone got other ideas?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    That is actually possible. Their interface is just so much to try and understand. Played with their demo, and seems you have to have groups to make questions, and there are tokens, which I couldn't find explained in their manual. Also didn't see any options for top ranked polls. But could have completed missed it.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread