2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    When was the last time anyone got a sales activity from Dell links? They run seperate programs at Linkshare and BeFree and I see nothing since last November. I warned the networks and Dell, with no response, that their shopping cart could not handle 2 seperate network reporting tags at checkout. Result I assume is Dell figured, out as the premier diversion merchant, thta havingg 2 networks would increase affiliate impressions,clicks and negate sales reporting. Real win-win for them and I'd assume the worse on cookie days!

Dell Home systems and the Dell Business have generated zero for us. I only know that when Dell Host left LS, they owed us $ 320. Never to be heard from again.

Fred

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Don't despair...

Come to the Tiger's lair . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Damn Andy your everywhere! Dell is off my radar and I only send them a few since they tried pulling the wool over my eyes. Had to call the other Michael to get paid on Biz system balances owed to me in 2001 after they jumped ship. A few fell through the crack so to speak.

Dell has done okay for me the past few months. The only problem is that they are around a month behind on payments.

LinkShare really needs to get their heads out of their butts on payments, tracking and reporting. CJ kicks their butt! The fun thing when logging in is looking at your stats and trying to figure out when the damn merchant last updated the figures. Some of my merchants haven't updated in over a week. I am getting sick of that sh.........

Core

ABW Ambassador
    Dell H looks ok now, but, I haven't seen a sale on Dell Business in quite some time. Anyone else? I know that there have been sale(s).

They cannot report or track sales if both network tags are active. They have to turn one or the other off.

Would some one please explain this about both network tags being active. I promote the Dell small business site and the Dell home systems site on the same page from which I run a small add pointing to both sites. Will this result in lost commissions?

For discount long distance, callback and other telecom service deals please visit http://www.seymourab.4t.com

Neither Dell nor Befree and Linkshare have come forward in over 8 months to verify if Dell's 2 programs can simultaniously report sales. My take and information from other merchants who were on both BF and Linkshare proved they couldn't have both networks tags active at the same time which caused neither program to report sales. Has to do with the ability of their shopping cart final checkout page to parse the referral information to the proper affiliate account. One program tag has no problem but Dell and other merchants with multiple networks tags run the risk none of their affiliate programs will report sales.

This has nothing to do with whether the affiliate posts links to Dell from Linksahre or Befree. It has everything to do with Dell disabling one network tag so the other networks links reports sales. Far as I'm concerned ..both tags active=no sales reported.

WebMaster Mike
    WWW.EcomCity.com/ims.htm

ABW Ambassador
    I wish there was someway we can check ourselves on merchants that belong to more than 1 network. I know JCWhitney said they have no problems tracking sales with Performics and CJ. Maybe we should start another thread similiar to the one i think Packster started listing our own successful or unsuccessful test purchases. Just last month i did get a sale at Dell Home at Linkshare for $898, so the tracking is working there. We just need to find somebody who has had a sale from them at BeFree.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

You hit a Dell sale when the Linkshare tags were active and the BeFree tags were turned off. Now we need someone at ABW who can confirm sales on both networks on the same day. I have links from both networks and since Christmas only one sale from a LS link..none from Befree.

WebMaster Mike

Hi Mike:

Have you contacted Dell about this concern regarding two active tags. If you contacted Dell, what was their response.

For discount long distance, callback and other telecom service deals please visit http://www.seymourab.4t.com

I got a few typical cut-n-paste responses saying their tracking works and the customer might have used the wrong link to purchase. Home Systems =LS Small Biz=BF and if they navigate the site and cross over to the different section then their orders don't track commission. Phone order receive no commission and the session cookie is active only during that shopping session so if they returned to complete sale no commission is recorded. They would not respond to a test purchase request from my own links. I wouldn't trust it wasn't manually entered in the first place. Neither network has responded to a test purchase verification. My take is they rotate which tracking code is present within the confirmation page so smattering of sales shows up on the 2 networks. My take is also ..if both tags are active NO SALES show up.

WebMaster Mike

I promote both BF and LS (why I don't know) and had a sale show up for LS a few days ago. I just hope I can reach the minimum soon and then dump their a**. It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't consolidate their 2 programs. Oh wait, its the perfect setup for getting orders w/o having to payout commish. very very sleazy

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

A 40 million dollar TV Ad campaign also doesn't help when they offer $50,000 prize daily for phone in orders. Leaves on to ponder the obvious. If Dell can afford this, and at the same time run the worse conversion program in the affiliate industry, they purposely divert sales to keep their affiliates penniless.

WebMaster Mike

Impressions: 14,454
    Click Thru: 82
    Percentages .57%
    sales 0

This is from DELL BUSINESS !!! Something is wrong because this link is on a busy b2b page!

I'm removing my DELL Links (both Business AND Home) from all my web sites as of now!

Besides, that'll leave me room for the good ones like TigerDirect@

http://www.spadata.com/cc

BeFree Dell Business systems stats:
    EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community
    From 12/25/2001 To 09/01/2002
    Affiliate Site- Impressions- Click Throughs- Click to Impression %

Total impressions 166,855 clicks 434 CTR .25% and ZERO SALES

I cut back links to them in Y2002 since I only earned 70.00 from them in all of Y2001 on 2433 click throughs. I figure it takes 1000+ clicks to get one sale if the tracking is turned on. Funny all my computer dealer magazines the last 2 weeks have Dell's entry into the White Box market on the front page. Seems Dell, who always bypassed the value Added Reseller (VAR) channel and stocking distributors, sold direct to end users..now wants to cort them with Dell private labeled boxes. Affiliate marketing is a take off of the VAR sales channel. If Dell's affiliate program performance in the last 2 years is any indication of how they treat resellers ..this venture will fall on it's face. Maybe I need to inform CRN-Computer Reseller News editors to inquire into their affiliate program.Maybe TiggerDirect will handle these so I can bypass Dell links.

Do you need a Dell ..Dude?

WebMaster Mike

I have had good luck with Dell and Dell SB. I agree they are slow payers, especially SB. What I do is have my text links describe what the weekly specials are and when they expire. It takes some work because the specials changes every week, but it is well worth it.

I get about 10-15 home sales and 3-5 SB sales each month. Plus, the holiday season is a great time to sell Dell systems.

So, good luck to everyone and stay with dell.

Steve-b I do the same and use the autorotation banners for the specials and limited time specials. I still have issues with Dell and they never respond to e-mails except with the cut and paste corporate speak. They will have to change things around and maybe venture out of their hole and post here. Not even the Duperaffiliates and paraasites bother with them much as they don't convert.

WebMaster Mike

This month seems to be pretty good I would say.

Find you coupons for 536 online retailers
    http://www.dealslist.com

I have not seen any problems with DH or DB. I have several instances of sales for both programs on the same days.

My order/clickthru ratio is actually better with DB. Otherwise the sales amounts are pretty even between the two.

They have actually been two of my more successful programs for computers.

I make sure I always put up new text links the minute they have new offers. Which means once a week they are on my front page, because new offers go on my front page. Never had much luck with the auto-merch banners. People just seem to ignore them.

I think every site has it's different type of visitors and what does well on one site may bomb on another.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Friends of mine purchased through Dell from my website. They made sure they clicked through my site. Two transactions of about $2500

They even sent me the transaction numbers which I used to create an inquiry at Linkshare. It's been over a month. I've sent emails and have still not heard a squeak from them.
    This affiliate thing is getting to be laborious and unrewarding.

Regards...

The way I understand it is that Dell is also allowing the "superaffiliates" running thiefware.

Read it in another forum but since then the list is gone...

Seems most of the big brand companies are going that route and that is really sad.

Nitewing

[http://www.starlightastrology.com/weblounge.htm/]

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread