Keywords in top 5 position?
    Hello Friends,
    I have been working on one of the SEO project from past few months and by working consistently on this I had achieved my first target that is to bring all the keywords on top ten position but now I am focusing to bring these in top 5 position and some of the techniques which I am using are directory submission, social bookmarking, forum posting, blogging, article submission etc., Still by using all these techniques the keywords are not yet stable on their position for example one of the keyword was on position 4 and now it has dropped down to position 7. Please suggest some techniques which can be helpful to bring all the keywords in top 5 positions and make them stable.
    Thanks.

Achieving that kind of stability in SEO would be impossible, as you are subject to issues & changes beyond your control.

There are the undocumented algo tweaks in Google, data center synchronization (might be less of an issue now), and of course, what your competition is up to. Your niche, type of site, underlying technology.. it all impacts SEO.

Stability eludes every site, but page 1 ranking is an admirable accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by IntegratedS View Post
    Hello Friends,
    I have been working on one of the SEO project from past few months and by working consistently on this I had achieved my first target that is to bring all the keywords on top ten position but now I am focusing to bring these in top 5 position and some of the techniques which I am using are directory submission, social bookmarking, forum posting, blogging, article submission etc., Still by using all these techniques the keywords are not yet stable on their position for example one of the keyword was on position 4 and now it has dropped down to position 7. Please suggest some techniques which can be helpful to bring all the keywords in top 5 positions and make them stable.
    Thanks.
    Achieving page 1 on Google is not that difficult if you are using perhaps obscure keywords, the real skill is getting highly searched keywords on to page 1 because they are the ones that make the money

I am not so expert in SEO and keywords ranking but if you will get high PR back links then it may help to keep your keywords stable.

Congrats for achieving all keywords to first page.

Secondly..the keyword will be dropping off/on for various reason. You are not the only one who optimize your websites for corresponding keywords and everybody will be working on it and when you rank drops you have to analyze your competitors and their links. What and where they acquire new links from and you've to follow this steps more often. To me..ranking on 7-10th results always gets more hits....Also..the keyword positions depends upon the keyword. If it has less competition...your website will stay on top always .

What I found, is that after a while, those methods you listed simply doesn't work. What you need, to secure top position, is high PR links, or what the previous poster said "quality links". That should be able to secure your rankings and push them back up.

Let your content drive traffic to your site. Your content should be your number one focus. Provide fresh content that offers real value. Engage your visitors and give them articles that are interesting, engaging, and useful. Fresh content keeps people coming back to your web site, again and again. This results in greater web traffic and better search engine results. Also, by constantly updating your website the search engines will look at your website positively which will help you get a higher ranking and increase in sales.

All the best!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

8. Thanks From:

Affilorama's post is the way you should go about this. The content and onsite seo is very important (if you haven't done it) by optimizing images and updating the site with fresh content. Maybe also optimizing for long tail keywords would help with getting traffic and real business too.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread