ABW Ambassador
    I found this today which you might want to be aware of.

The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit www.ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The FTC is also the one's who are going to put some teeth into muzzling any BHO adware/spyware download that infringes on the rights and privacy of Domain owners. All broadcasting -Truth in Advertising- Fair Trade rules& laws will soon apply to the the broadcast medium called the Internet. The invisible boundries between internet businesses will no longer be open to invasion by competing businesses. Just like the hidden airwaves bans of radio and TV broadcasters are strickly ruled by FTC laws ..so will IP domains be protected.

GWB is on a roll and wants to hear your input on any activity that compromises Internet users privacy and instances of CyberCrimes. http://www.whitehouse.gov/pcipb/ Flood the mail boxes shown there as to the way BHO hidden installs compromise privacy with spyware or uses of BHO applications which enable CyberCrimes and comsumer fraud.

Channel 4 has no right to advertise on Channel 7 programs nor does a CJ merchant have any right to advertise on a Linkshare merchants site. See how simple it will become to run every BHO application out of business the moment the current laws get applied to Internet businesses. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Report offenders to the FTC's National Cyber Security Alliance http://www.staysafeonline.info/index.adp

More info at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcam...ity/index.html

WebMaster Mike

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on November 10, 2002 at 02:52 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    I found this today which you might want to be aware of.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had posted this same info about a month ago. But thanks for bringing it up again.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

Hi Mike, You said:

"Channel 4 has no right to advertise on Channel 7 programs."

This is just an observation. I see ads for competing networks on each others respective networks all the time. MTV,TLC,etc advertises on all networks as does TNN TNT ABC CNN FOX NBC CNBC MSNBC,CBS and all the hundreds of others have ads for their networks running on each others competing network stations, I failed to see your analogy and was wondering if you could clarify it for me. Thanks.

http://hpstore.evsholdingco.com/

ABW Ambassador
    A lot of what you see is Network owned...such as Westwood One...NBC ads will appear on CBS, etc. It is all distributed by Westwood One and the other handful of large companies out there. Secondly, we are a CBS affiliate station...We carry the Radio Factory with Bill O'Reilly...We are required to carry x number of spots throughout the day from them...many are MSNBC, etc, even though bill is on the Fox Network.

I think what Mike was referring to was intercepting the signal and placing your spots over another TV's station...

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread