newbie question
    i am a music producer and was thinking about getting into affiliate marketing as a side to increase my revenue.

i was planning on adding my affiliate banners/links as advertisements on my website.

i read that most affiliate programs have a conversion rate of 1%, so assuming i get roughly 17,500 visits a month i will get 175 clicks, correct?

my main question is if i have several affiliate programs, such as ad-sense, eBay, gdi ect...does that 1% conversion apply to all of them or just 1?

and how would i figure profit projections?

"Conversion Rate" and "Click-through Rate" are two different things.

"Normal" conversion rates vary by industry, but for the kinds of things that would be relevant to your audience, normal would be somewhere in the range of 3% to 5%.

Adsense is a good bet, and some major dealers of instruments and sound equipment have affiliate programs.

There is no way to project/predict how much money you may or may not make. The only way to know is to try. And even if your site fails to produce sales on its own natural traffic, you can still direct friends and associates to make purchases through your links to garner you a bit of lunch money here and there.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    And even if your site fails to produce sales on its own natural traffic, you can still direct friends and associates to make purchases through your links to garner you a bit of lunch money here and there.
    not to mention yourself. case in point, I was all set to hit the order button on a site the other day and then I remembered I had an affiliate account with them, although it's dormant for the most part. Made myself a link, clicked it and instantly saved $30+ more on my purchase as an affiliate.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread