Google rejected campaign - what to do now?
    Hi,

I was wondering:
    I recently joined an affiliate network and now wanted to place an ad with Google Adwords. But the campaign was rejected. I talked to some people and they told me that another affiliate might have booked some ads with them and did not adhere to the Google guidelines, and that the website was then barred from Adwords all together.

Is there any way I can still book an ad via Google?

I would really appreciate some help!

Thanks guys, C.

I'm not sure I understand which website was "barred" from AdWords. Were you placing an ad for your OWN website in AdWords..? Or were you trying to send traffic TO the merchant (ie. Direct PPC).

If the merchant doesn't allow direct PPC, and Google is aware of that, your only option is to create an ad to your own site. So long as your account hasn't been banned from Google, you should be able to create another campaign, but not direct.

A word of caution - be careful to stay within Google guidelines for everything. If your account gets suspended (not just a campaign), they are VERY unforgiving, ie. there is no way back in.

3. Thanks From:

Hi teezone,
    I was trying to send traffic to the merchant. Because Google rejected the campaign, I thought another affiliate could have had the same campaign strategy but mistreated the Google guidelines. Could it be that Google then barred the merchant?
    If so, is there a possibility to send traffic to the merchant via Google anyway?

Did you read teezone's post?

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313 View Post
    Did you read teezone's post?
    Did you even bother to read Google's guidelines?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I just read them. And while I was all set to say there was no way Google would permit someone to use AdWords to promote pure affiliate links, I was genuinely shocked to find that wording missing from the TOS/policies. After scrutinizing over all of the policies, I couldn't find anywhere that explicitly prohibited the activity.

So I did a search (on Google) and came across this link: Why has Google suspended my AdWords Affiliate Campaign? :: Online Tech Support Help :: Ask Dave Taylor!

apparently Google, at least at some point, had decided that affiliate links are only okay if you identify yourself as an affiliate in the ad text and that reconsideration for such denied campaigns is possible.

that said, what teezone said is still true. you could be violating agreements with the merchants themselves. as far as i know, most do allow for PPC marketing, but not with bidding on their trademarks and other specified keywords. but I'm not sure that's for Google to enforce. If a merchant finds out, you're basically risking losing access to the affiliate network altogether.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Then there's the little issue with display URLs...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Could it be that Google then barred the merchant?
    If so, is there a possibility to send traffic to the merchant via Google anyway?
    Google doesn't bar merchants, they have barred your attempt to create a direct link TO the merchant.

Via AdWords? No.

It's possible the merchant has something in place with Google that disallows direct affiliate links via AdWords (more likely if the merchant is on GAN).

as per the link I posted above, Google allows affiliate links as long as you disclose you're an affiliate in the ad text. apparently. I think it's safe to assume that OP didn't try this tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    I'm not sure I understand which website was "barred" from AdWords. Were you placing an ad for your OWN website in AdWords..? Or were you trying to send traffic TO the merchant (ie. Direct PPC).

If the merchant doesn't allow direct PPC, and Google is aware of that, your only option is to create an ad to your own site. So long as your account hasn't been banned from Google, you should be able to create another campaign, but not direct.

A word of caution - be careful to stay within Google guidelines for everything. If your account gets suspended (not just a campaign), they are VERY unforgiving, ie. there is no way back in.
    I know that all too well and I think of myself as ethical. There's no way back from a ban. They stick a fork in you twist a few dozen times and then let you bleed to death
    Last edited by bibby; December 15th, 2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by roshanivahora View Post
    Its a spamming!
    Huh?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread