Toronto, Canada
    Does anyone know if CJ is doing ANYTHING on correcting the problem with the Inernet Explorer 6.0 blocking their cookies?

God damn it, we are loosing valuable customers like that.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: AlexBet ]

I guess they are already p3p compatible and IE6 does not block CJ cookies

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, they announced they were p3p compliant a few weeks ago on CJU, so there shouldn't be any cookies blocked by default.

ABW Ambassador
    I think this was mentioned on the CJ message boards, but apparently they did not want this info disseminated.

I will however commend CJ for at least having a majority of their merchants set cookies with a reasonable duration.

I remember how someone from CJ said it did not matter, claiming almost all sales occur on the initial visit. However, that is completely misleading. We have one site doing a "special" extended cookie duaration currently and sales have gone up tremendously during this time. And a comparison merchants within one category based on cookies durations has revealed a direct correlation between earnings and cookies.

As a result I am reviewing all the programs we take part in and eliminating many of the 0-Day cookie deals.

It seems that most of the program on have 0-Day cookies, and quite a few of the Linkshare ones do too. CJ and Performics seem to encourage fair cookie duration.

Is there any software that will track the
    Cookies/IP address or any affiliate programs that use this type of tracking.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread