ABW Ambassador
    Time to use my $100 credit - Please Help!
    Hey I have never used adwords besides a few years ago I tried it out but got scared off when I was billed a hefty sum when I forgot about it.

I was given a $100 credit recently and I would like to use it some how.

What I'm thinking of doing is just using it like a lottery ticket and sell some really really expensive product. I don't want to get into PPC full time so this is just a one off thing as I know how competitive it is these days. I have found a product I can make a huge commission on if it sells so I would like to just target that and cross my fingers that a little luck goes my way.

The thing I need to know though is if I sell a product say called "Acme Widgets" that I run through an advertiser say called "Joe Blogs Inc" that stocks Acme Widgets then am I allowed to use the brand "Acme" in the adwords campaign copy? If not, then how do I work out what I can sell or use in the ad copy?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Cool
    I think you have to check the TOS of every merchant you intend to present. I know it's a no-no for a few.

ABW Ambassador
    The merchant doesn't allow trademark bidding but I would assume that means their trademark and not the brands they stock?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    I think you have to check the TOS of every merchant you intend to present. I know it's a no-no for a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted View Post
    The merchant doesn't allow trademark bidding but I would assume that means their trademark and not the brands they stock?
    Some merchants have rules against certain brands as well...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

ABW Ambassador
    The TOS for a CJ advertiser is from when I click the merchant name and a popup comes up with details on the advertiser and the commission amounts, Relationship History, Policies etc or was there a more detailed page for their TOS as this seems very simple?

ABW Ambassador
    For example one merchant has the following:
    Search Campaigns - Recommended SEM Bidding Keywords
    These are high performing keywords that publishers are permitted to bid on for their search marketing campaigns
    : then on the right there is a bunch of brand names that I'm supposedly are allowed to use but also I guess I can use any brand they stock since this advertiser does not list any that I can not use! The other issue I see is that the brand I want to use in my ad is also an actual advertiser on CJ as well that I also promote. I can't see any issue there if there is no use of their links?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread