Besides the fact that there was no CJ 1x1 tracking cookie code in their TY page ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dear Back-Order Domain Names Publisher,

You are receiving this message because Back-Order Domain Names has changed their cookie duration. This change will go into effect on 1/30/02.

The cookie duration is the length of time a cookie remains active in a browser. The cookie allows us to track publisher commissions. We allow our Advertisers to set their own cookie duration.

The former Cookie Duration was 45 days.
    The new Cookie Duration will be 1 days.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey CJ ... how does it feel to launch a company and then have them leave after reaming affiliates and you? - You really should up the sign up fee!

Good Riddance Snap Names!

Haiko

Yup, their conversion rate has gone down the tubes recently.

I keep sending 'em traffic and no-one is biting. Shame, because the service actually does what it claims to.

dynamoo,

i clicked your link yesterday with the intention of making a purchase but i couldnt find those lists, you know, there where two lists

also, previously, when i did a search for something it gave me loads and loads of results and yesterday it would only show the .com, .org and .net variations of the specific word

also, snapnames up'ed the price to nearly $70 and there is no way im paying that! $49 was reasonable but screw it! this program is screwed now

BTW: i did myself a favor by not buying a snapname, i ended up buying a beautiful domain name from ebay, it cost $1, no kidding

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: psychomantis ]

The lists are probably down by now.. Snapnames is best when you want to recycle a domain..

..e.g. Poozleanimus is one I pikced up recently. I looks like it has about 300 links in and a Yahoo listing, not bad even for $69. I've had it active for less than a month though, so no Google rankings yet.

Basically, it's a useful tool to get the domain before someone else does. If you want to start from scratch it's a lot cheaper, but those inbound links are worth having [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

there was a link to those lists here at abestweb but i cant find it

there doesnt seem to be any navigation to the lists at snapnames site

are you still going to promote them with the 1 day cookie?

BTW: i am very, very happy with my $1 domain, its a brilliant keyword, i just recieved the password to the account there are zero hosting fees and an abundance of features but i will have to pay $8 to re-register in a couple of months

One very important variable I see over & over is people discussing cookie life duration as a key factor in determining whether they may/may not join a certain vendor. Our service has found that our overall viewer majority generally clear their cookie/temp files on a daily basis. This may be due to our viewer base audience being far more advanced than some services due to content and site focus. Our findings are: If they do not make the purchase immediately on a product that is cookie tracked for our commission profits, we are not going to receive approximately 95% of these "day later" sales generated. This is why our service is slowly converting to our own product line, and/or special build software programs with our embedded ID# in all areas of purchase or link to vendor home page we continue to promote. By electing to reformat our promotions as we have, our sales profits have increased by over 1700% in 2 months duration. Each month as we slowly convert all our products to this method, our sales increase overall in comparison to log figures versus traffic. Hope this helps some of you.

DesignerWiz

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread