Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What would you do with this domain name?
    I have the domain name MyFlea.com
    I was wondering what you would do with it?

Some of my thoughts:
    1. I could make it a place where people and vendors can input their own items for sale at flea market prices. Kind of like an eBay but without the auction piece to it.

2. I could just make it listings of flea markets and garage sales around the country.

3. I could just link to items on the internet that are on sale at flea market prices.

Thoughts? What would you do with it?

you mean a paid version of craigslist?

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Set up a simple wordpress site listing the most popular but annoyingly compulsive must have products ever because people have got an itch or compulsion to go out and buy them.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    I see someone has bought the domain dailyflea dot com already. That would have been my next suggestion for daily deals linked to your existing domain.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries View Post
    More like Amazon but with Flea Market vendors.

How about etsy-style crafts, etc..?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This is what I would associate with the domain:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by CCBerries View Post
    I would say if OP targets a smaller local market, it might work, but for whole country, I don't think it will be an easy job.

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    daily deals style is great option. But i think you should go for flea markets and garage sales around the country.Where you can pick your city and look up the nearest flea markets and garage sales. That really a nice one, cause people buy things like that all the time, its really a disease for a cheap useful things we have going on here ) And i think its pretty original too. It could make some buzz and i think you'll get nice traffic.
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia from DNP View Post
    daily deals style is great option. But i think you should go for flea markets and garage sales around the country.Where you can pick your city and look up the nearest flea markets and garage sales. That really a nice one, cause people buy things like that all the time, its really a disease for a cheap useful things we have going on here ) And i think its pretty original too. It could make some buzz and i think you'll get nice traffic.
    Yulia had nailed the best use for that domain name... get an aution script or classified script and post garage type sales by city for a small listing fee. Meanwhile I'm stuck with B-A-Ho.com without content and the election season is in full swing with BHO one of the playas.. any suggestions there??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

More specialized, I would sell pet products
    [url]http://deathchallenge.com[/url]

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    You can sell it ?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Dude before taking the decision please think about it again. cause its a very competitive job.
    and if you really want to do this, then dig deeper. go for those goods which are less competitive and rarely found in the online shops.
    [URL="http://bestsidebusiness.blogspot.com/"]Best side business[/URL]
    Ge idea about [URL="http://bestsidebusiness.blogspot.com/2012/02/content-locking-best-way-to-nonetize.html"]Content Locking[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    My first thought was fleas as in pet products.... or information about how to treat/prevent fleas in pets and in the home. But that said, @bestwebman06 makes a good point in that it really depends on where you see opportunity in alignment w/ that name. Combination of passion and profit.

What do you can you do with it that would be most rewarding for you both personally and financially?

Best for an online pet shop.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    It depends, does your interest lean more towards pet products or flea market/garage sale type information or products? Go with something that interests you and you know a bit about.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

I would sell it, then think of something you are interested in, and then buy a domain name to match the idea.

I would write a children's book about a kid's dog and his dog's pet flea.

Or, you could make it an ebook!! and the flea could be your small little affilate marketing idea. Then you could have an affiliate marketing site designed around selling your ebook "MyFlea" growing an affiliate program.

sorry, long day at work.

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    You can develop an online game for kids- " my flea " and it would be about a flea running around jumping from dogs to cats do people and it would have to run away from shampoos and cleaning masks. And then offer a free trial .
    Sorry... just inspired by "andymisiu " )...
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

Market flea control products for pets, but write the website content from the perspective of the dog or cat (or a dog and cat).

"My flea is not MY best friend," I said to my owner. Sadly, he didn't hear or understand what my bark meant. Or worse -- maybe he doesn't care!"

"If I could talk flea language, I'd tell my flea to knock it off!"

etc, etc

You could have the dog blogging regularly about "my flea" and build a great "persona" (or is it "dogsona" for the site.
    [B]David Stevenson[/B] - Florida, USA

21. Thanks From:

I don't think making a craiglist-alike site with that domain will be good.
    Somebody mentioned kids site, but it can be teen site or teen music network.
    Also it sounds little girlie to me.

my what dot com
    Well now - if I had a domain like MyDog.com or MyCat.com I guess I would make a site about my dog or cat.................. or MyFish.com...........enough said.......
    you could do a really informative site all about fleas. Flea Circus....what fun!!!

I'm really wondereing but was afraid to ask -How did you acquire your domain name.......

I think I would use it to make a blog like GAG.com - with funny photos and pictures and comments.
    [URL="http://affiliates.oranum.com/ref.php?w=100803"]$100 CPA / 50% Commission / 20% Referrals[/url]
    [B][URL="http://affiliates.oranum.com/ref.php?w=100803"]We double your first, $100 you make with us [/URL][/B]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc100 View Post
    Yes, thats exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Anyone know where I can find a script similar to Etsy?
    Also look at Vendio.com and use the platform to hawk goods at eBay & Amazon plus the Vendio storefront under that domain name. Another marketplace aggregretor is eCrater.com

If thta doesn't work out maybe we can swap B-a-HOcom for yout Fleabag.com domain
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Create a facebook application that allows local users to sell products

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast