Hello:

I finally decided to say or ask something here after seen big sales get reversed so frequently at CJ.

After all I have experienced at cj, I no longer trust any of the merchants as I used to. Most of my big sales got reversed with one of the three reasons: can't ship, sold out; invalid credit card; other.

When I email them with my questions, it pretty much take them at least 3 weeks before get back to me even with cj support's push.

One merchant reversed the bigger sales of the two I generated one month after the order date with the reason 'can't ship sold out'. When I expressed my concern they changed the reason to 'invalid credit card'.

One reversed the sale of over $1,300 with the reason of 'sold out'. I didn't ask them anything since I wasn't sure how to initiate one. But I had my suspicious.

The reason of 'invalid credit card' seems to be the most popular one. I wonder where those invalid credit card came from and why they only go to CJ's merchants, and why they happened so often?

Bexley is the bad one. Not sure whethe or not any of you are aware of this, but they reversed all my sales. They have been de-activated since I ascalated the issues to cj support. If one day they get re-activated, I'd suggest don't ever bother partnering with them.

My coffee sale of merely over $40 got reversed too, and few others as well.

I'm still waiting for response from these suck merchants (I call them 'suck' because they respond my email like a snail's walk).

I have never used the word 'suck' on this board before today.

I also read something about 'WhenU.com'. It just makes everything much more tougher. Sometimes I think maybe I should develop a web site selling quality Chinese art works done by my own family so I won't have to deal with such issues that give me headaches.

Thanks for reading my message.

Happy holidays

Snakebaby

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I also read something about 'WhenU.com'. It just makes everything much more tougher. Sometimes I think maybe I should develop a web site selling quality Chinese art works done by my own family so I won't have to deal with such issues that give me headaches.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

great idea and ask us to help you sale it!
    I bet we all can help especially without parasites!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Thanks for your kind encougement.

On the serious side, I know I will have a web site selling Chinese artworks one day. I already registered the domain for it 6 months ago(echineseartgallery.com). It's been postponed again and again because I have to work on this affliate business.

Best wish after all.

Snakebaby

Snakebaby
    ishopworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snakebaby:
    After all I have experienced at cj, I no longer trust any of the merchants as I used to. Most of my big sales got reversed with one of the three reasons: can't ship, sold out; invalid credit card; other.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, the interesting thing is, that you can bet, that a Huge Sale gets reversed.
    Your odds on CJ for that are bigger than good.
    We are affiliated with a lot of merchants and see a pattern there. The reverse of huge commission orders are very likely, if it is a smaller merchant. Strange, isn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The reason of 'invalid credit card' seems to be the most popular one. I wonder where those invalid credit card came from and why they only go to CJ's merchants, and why they happened so often?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good argument for merchants, who do not process/check credit cards online or merchants who just authorize the sale during the online purchase and perform the sales transaction later.

However, I do not think that this is always the case. Merchants do probably just think, that this option is the simplest one and raises the least questions.

It would be good, if CJ would implement a comment field to allow the merchant to enter more detailed information about the reversal/adjustment. That field should even be a required field.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm still waiting for response from these suck merchants (I call them 'suck' because they respond my email like a snail's walk).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to be honest, I do not read the internal CJ Emails very often either.

I asked CJ months ago, why they do not implement a forwarder to an external email address.
    I receive hundreds of emails per month and utilize outlook filters heavily to group and sort incoming emails. I can't do anything like that with the internal CJ mail system. I can't even search for specific mails. Not to mention, that the system is dead slow, when you have thousands of emails in your CJ Mailbox.
    Sorry, but it just sucks.

CJ's resaon for that is probably, that they don't not want to give publishers access to their affiliate email addresses. FINE!. The Email forwarding will not do anything against this. CJ can keep a copy of that email, if they want to, I don't care.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

Additional comment to my previous email.
    Yes, you can build tracking into HTML Emails to find out, who read it.

If thats the problem, forward the Email as Text Email and the problem is gone.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread