Affiliate Program for unique product (health/beauty)
    Hello A Best Web Community,

I'm glad Google helped me find this forum. I have been doing SEO and SEM for close to 2 years now and managed to establish quite some E-Commerce and Affiliate sites. With one of my E-Commerce Sites I am thinking about setting up an in-house affiliate program.

Butsince I don't have any experience being a Merchant I am looking to find some help here.

Why do I want to setup an Affiliate Program?
    The answer is really simple: I would like to increase sales. At the moment we sell one great product that's helps women with some of their most intimate problems. The product is completely unique and could therefore be really interesting for affiliates in the health/beauty niche. I think it can be a Win-Win situation for both sides.

Target group for the product
    Women between 18 and 65 either suffering from an intimate problem or wanting to do something for their body. We have lots of great customer feedback and the application scenarios are diverse. The product has already helped 1000s of customers all over the world.

What affiliate software am I thinking to use
    I was thinking about using the basic version of post affiliate pro with my running prestashop e-commerce store to get things started or alternatively go with ShareASale. What would you advise?

Additional information
    • Shop is up and running since 2 years

• Sales is increasing constantly

• product costs 119.99$ and was thinking about 15$ commission per item sold.

• Conversion rate at the moment is 0.83% (increasing at the moment since we are optimizing)

• 95% of our customers are from the United States

• Sofar not 1 product has been returned

• In Terms of cookie (60-120 days) and comissions for recurring customers I would be flexible

Does this sound interesting to an affiliate? Do you think $15 commission is enough? Is a 0,83% conversion rate enough?

Would be happy about any hint or help.
    Last edited by featurex; December 18th, 2011 at 08:29 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Everything sounds good but your conversion rate. I would recommend an SAS program as you are niche. We have an adult forum here where you can openly discuss your product and get peer feedback.

I noticed you have AdSense on your site and that is not something affiliate will tolerate. You can tune the site to not show AdSense when traffic comes from affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Everything sounds good but your conversion rate. I would recommend an SAS program as you are niche. We have an adult forum here where you can openly discuss your product and get peer feedback.

I noticed you have AdSense on your site and that is not something affiliate will tolerate. You can tune the site to not show AdSense when traffic comes from affiliates.
    Hello Chuck,

thank you very much for responding. The site you probabbly seen is one of the content sites, that generate traffic for the shop itself. All I have on the content site are some Clickbank links that you might have mistaken as adsense. On the shop itself there are no adds - wouldn't want to risk loosing a potential customer due to some adds.

Have some questions thow to what you said:

- Thanks will concider using SAS instead of a inhouse solution. Did some research yesterday and as I read sofar SAS doesn't really help with getting Affiliate on our program. Or are there some tools they provide that help me get affiliate in their network?

- Yes I am working on increasing the conversion rate. What should be my minimum target? Around 1.5%?

- I checked the "Adult" area but all I see is "There are no posts in this forum." And I wouldn't really concider the product Adult, it's simply a 100% natural remedy for all types of problems that might look a little like something else

Adina

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    There are two forums where you can post links as a newbie and ask for advice from members:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/adult...marketing-649/
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/site-...er-review-146/

As some members may not be comfortable going into depth about the products I though the adult forum may be a good place to discuss. Plus there are some good marketers there as adult is highly competitive. I have opted you into that forum so you can see it now. Or you are welcome to post it in the other forum.

I am not sure on this. But usually commissions in the Health/Beauty niche are in the 40% to 60% range. Your current commission is somewhere around the 17%-18%. Maybe you should re-consider pricing & commission% before setting an affiliate program.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Thomas View Post
    I am not sure on this. But usually commissions in the Health/Beauty niche are in the 40% to 60% range. Your current commission is somewhere around the 17%-18%. Maybe you should re-consider pricing & commission% before setting an affiliate program.
    Hey Robert, thanks for the insight. The problem is that the product is quite expensive to produce since its handmade out of scarce natural ingrediants and has an expensive packaging so our margin isn't that big. Still we wanted to make it as affordable as possible. Its not a product made of plastic or so that only costs little in production.

I think I will simply have to give it a try with what I can afford. Maybe an inhouse program is better than, since I can give the money I save bye not beeing in a network to the affiliates. And then maybe concentrate on winning our customers as affiliates? Or are there big trust issues with inhouse programs in the health/beauty niche?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread