Dear Compuexpert Publisher,

You are receiving this message because Compuexpert has changed their cookie duration. This change will go into effect on 10/30/02.
    The cookie duration is the length of time a cookie remains active in a browser. The cookie allows us to
    track publisher commissions. We allow our Advertisers to set their own cookie duration.

The former Cookie Duration was 2 days.
    The new Cookie Duration will be 1 days.

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL ..the loosers probably think that will cut their commission in half. Merry Christmas from this computer products dud.

WebMaster Mike

I was dying to enter their program after they rejected me in the first place..anyhow I got in it but then they kept lowering the cookies and no sales for long time..I guess I'll cut them out completely and promote only softwarefirst..

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

ABW Ambassador
    You also forgot to add this part:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you have any questions, please contact the advertiser directly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I attempted to contact GoGamer and have never received so much as a byte in return in over a month. I also have over 20 megabytes worth of their site installed on my own, hence my concern.

But, even though I worked over three weeks worth of total time building, with the advent of the ever-dropping of cookies, and total lack of respect from this LOSER, I have decided to drop these suckus instead.

We just thought we would tell you about a technique we use for services we know that try to over write the original referrer cookie.

We add " &afsrc=1 " at the end of the affiliate referrer code. This does work on most (not all) tracker services as logging the #1 referrer rather than the second "over write" cookie.

This can also backfire on you as well. If the customer has a previous cookie stored from a previous visit befor yours, the first referrer gets the commission.

This does work, just monitor it close.

DesignerWiz
    http://DesignerWiz.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread