Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone tried FreshStoreBuilder for Amazon Products?
    Hi All,

I've been reading up on FreshStoreBuilder for creating Amazon affiliate product stores. There are some features that really are intriguing me - and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this.

Some of the features I'm really liking are:
    - All the products go into a "cart" on your site, and then the checkout sends everything over to Amazon at once. I like this better than each link sending a user away.

- The ability to re-write the description of each product. I like not being stuck with the descriptions merchants have put on Amazon, cause some are really awful. I like that I can rewrite this, but still keep the connection to Amazon for pricing updates, review updates, etc.

- Not stuck with auto populate by category. Can pick and choose each product and put into my own categories, to really hone into a niche.

I'm digging into documentation on their "SEO Optimized", as I'm not yet seeing support for Rich Snippets - which I really want. However worse case, I can change the templates to add this.

Has anyone tried this script with any success?

I half-heartedly set up a couple of longtail keyword domain with FSB on it (I also own Associate-O-Matic). It's generated a few sales and that's without any kind of promotion on my part other than organic SEO. With a bit of time and TLC, I'm sure it's worth it. I want to replace my existing AOM site with it.

Thanks Bradk. I took the plunge, got the software, and spent the last 2 days checking it out. I'm pretty impressed with the control I have - especially over product descriptions and such. But TLC is appropriate, as this will be a lot of work to really do properly. I'm planning a very focused niche store, so that will help - but still a lot of work.

Luckily, this site is something I'm very interested in personally, so I'm having fun looking up information to rewrite products. Bad news - I keep getting sidetracked :-)

It will probably be a while before this is truly up and running to see how it performs, 'cause I don't do this full time. But once I have some usefull data, I'll update.

Just a quick update for anyone thinking about this script. I am in absolute LOVE with the ability to customize this baby. Not only the complete control over products - but the script itself.

For you coding types like me - data and presentation separated wonderfully well, new themes very easy to create for yourself, solid php & sql structure.

For the non-coding types, just about everything for a default setup is customizable in the admin section. You really don't have to go into the themes and edit php unless you're trying to integrate into an existing site structure (or just can't help yourself) LOL

I had AOM a few years ago, and really lost interest. FSB has rekindled that interest in a big way - now I just have to find time to build this out.

I got it too and I'm working on creating a new theme.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 27th, 2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added a word

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Hi BurgerBoy,

A quick tip from experience - start with the Modern or the stalfoshop if you're going to customize. I started on the Classic, and it's missing features like related products, etc. I've been having to hack in from the other templates - but you'll save time if you start with Modern as it has all the features and the option settings in the admin.

live and learn....

7. Thanks From:

Thank you for the information. That's what I'll do.

Will it handle all of the Amazon items? I am particularly interested in the shoes at Endless.com - whch are available via the "normal" associates interface.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Not 100% but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I believe the issue with scripts supporting Endless is the lack of API.

As it is, Amazon has been progressively getting more strict with its own API services

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Will it handle all of the Amazon items? I am particularly interested in the shoes at Endless.com - whch are available via the "normal" associates interface.
    Yea I agree with Brad, Amazon doesn't have a api for their other domains. I was under the impression that you can still find the same shoes on amazon.com just under a different asin number?

I'm also a long time user of Fresh Store Builder. I been using the program since it was in beta testing and no other script can compare to the features this script offers. I believed so much in this script that I started helping new members setting up their stores and answering any of their questions. Now I help the owner of this script with ticket support and I found this forum by one of our users =). I'm sure she knows who she is. Very nice forum and I'm glad I have found it.

Here is just a few stores members have built with this script

Paramedic Resource, essential information and resources for Paramedics, Student Paramedics and anyone seeking a career as a Paramedic.
    Top Video Games Now
    Top Video Games - Video Game Cheats and Information
    Everything Clothes - Secure Online Shop
    Pressure Cookers Home
    Shark Shop | Posters, DVDs, Books and More
    Home Fish Aquariums
    Digital Store - Camera & Accessories
    1ShopElectronics - Consumer Electronics

A lot of these had graphic upgrades to one of their classic themes.

Some heavily modified site I know of is Car Styling Parts, Accessories Performance & Tuning Parts and it looks amazing. Another friend of mines created this store for books using FSB Redditor's Choice - Secure Online Shop and just shows you how you create unique amazing amazon stores. Almost all of the current scripts are 90% encrypted and you can't even modify the themes the way you want it.

If anyone needs more information on this script feel free to contact me. I will try to answer the best way I could but if it's anything technical I will have to get Carey on it since he is the genius behind this script.

12. Thanks From:

Chuck,

This is really a nice script. I have it.

Maybe you can leave the links in the post above mine so the ABW members can see what the script can do?

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by ntech25 View Post
    Yea I agree with Brad, Amazon doesn't have a api for their other domains. I was under the impression that you can still find the same shoes on amazon.com just under a different asin number?

I'm also a long time user of Fresh Store Builder. I been using the program since it was in beta testing and no other script can compare to the features this script offers. I believed so much in this script that I started helping new members setting up their stores and answering any of their questions. Now I help the owner of this script with ticket support and I found this forum by one of our users =). I'm sure she knows who she is. Very nice forum and I'm glad I have found it.

Here is just a few stores members have built with this script

Paramedic Resource, essential information and resources for Paramedics, Student Paramedics and anyone seeking a career as a Paramedic.
    Top Video Games Now
    Top Video Games - Video Game Cheats and Information
    Everything Clothes - Secure Online Shop
    Pressure Cookers Home
    Shark Shop | Posters, DVDs, Books and More
    Home Fish Aquariums
    Digital Store - Camera & Accessories
    1ShopElectronics - Consumer Electronics

A lot of these had graphic upgrades to one of their classic themes.

Some heavily modified site I know of is Car Styling Parts, Accessories Performance & Tuning Parts and it looks amazing. Another friend of mines created this store for books using FSB Redditor's Choice - Secure Online Shop and just shows you how you create unique amazing amazon stores. Almost all of the current scripts are 90% encrypted and you can't even modify the themes the way you want it.

If anyone needs more information on this script feel free to contact me. I will try to answer the best way I could but if it's anything technical I will have to get Carey on it since he is the genius behind this script.

Just wanted to add one more amazing store I found built with this script Performance Custom Car Parts & Styling Accessories

I'm not promoting these stores, they are not mine. Just want to show people what is possible with this script. Some of themes requires members knowing css/htm/php and amazing photoshop skills but it's something that can be outsourced to anyone.

@Bill - I'm not real familiar with endless.com, but I just did a test in Fresh Store Builder. Here's what I did...

Went to endless and picked the "Naughty Monkey Misfit Women's Bootie" and grabbed the item number.

Went into my store admin, and added a product by ASIN, using the item number.

Came right up, all the information with description, options, etc. Put it live on my storefront.

Went to store, purchased and added to my cart, did checkout so I would go to Amazon and added to my cart.

Looks like it's definitely there and ready to be purchased, but doesn't say it's from Endless, so it's probably another merchant. And I'm not sure if all products would be there.

You would have to do the adding of products by ASIN instead of browsing for them, but that might work.

That's all I've got - sorry it's not much....

Another example for customizing a store.... I've just started really on this site, but I wanted to integrate a store along with a blog - and I needed to customize Fresh Store Builder (FSB) to match the site theme.

I like to code and hack a bit, so I really made some changes here - but it was dead easy to work with the templates and create my own.

Not sure if this link can stay, so if not - just go to WiselyOrganic (dot) com.
    wiselyorganic.com

From the home page, click on Shop for Products and you'll see the FSB store integrated with a couple of products.

I'm creating a very specialized store, so I'm using the add by ASIN feature to pick exactly which products I want, rewrite the descriptions, and put in my own custom categories. Time consuming, but very easy. When I add the product, I get the amazon descriptions, pricing, photos, etc. automatically and can choose to use those or overwrite them and lock them so the next Amazon update doesn't overwrite. Without a doubt, my method is going to take a while to write all this, especially with the control I have over the SEO for everything - but man I'm having fun :-)

Anyway, just thought I'd give those who were curious another example of how flexible this script is.

Also, if you're curious about how the checkout works, there are a few items there that you can add to cart. You'll see you stay on your site until you hit checkout, then a banner with your logo comes up transfering to Amazon, and then all your items are there with a button to add them all to your Amazon cart. Pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by housebg
    @Bill...That's all I've got - sorry it's not much....
    That's more than what I had. Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by housebg View Post
    ...Not sure if this link can stay, so if not - just go to WiselyOrganic (dot) com.
    wiselyorganic.com

From the home page, click on Shop for Products and you'll see the FSB store integrated with a couple of products....
    ...Pretty cool!
    Yes, it is pretty cool. And I also hope the link can stay. It is (obviously) not there for self-promotion; and serves as an example of what can be accomplished with this software.

BTW - It appears you are taking the necessary steps to avoid the "duplicate content" that software of this type usually creates.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    BTW - It appears you are taking the necessary steps to avoid the "duplicate content" that software of this type usually creates.
    That's what sold me on FSB to be honest. I really didn't want to just have the same old descriptions that everyone uses, specifically for duplicate content. The script allows me to completely rewrite anything I want - but still stay linked to Amazon for price changes, availability, etc.

I'm using the various description, secondary description and key features fields my own way - by doing description, ingredients, and suggested uses. Just took a little changing to the template to get what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by housebg View Post
    Another example for customizing a store.... I've just started really on this site, but I wanted to integrate a store along with a blog - and I needed to customize Fresh Store Builder (FSB) to match the site theme.

I like to code and hack a bit, so I really made some changes here - but it was dead easy to work with the templates and create my own.

Not sure if this link can stay, so if not - just go to WiselyOrganic (dot) com.
    wiselyorganic.com

From the home page, click on Shop for Products and you'll see the FSB store integrated with a couple of products.

I'm creating a very specialized store, so I'm using the add by ASIN feature to pick exactly which products I want, rewrite the descriptions, and put in my own custom categories. Time consuming, but very easy. When I add the product, I get the amazon descriptions, pricing, photos, etc. automatically and can choose to use those or overwrite them and lock them so the next Amazon update doesn't overwrite. Without a doubt, my method is going to take a while to write all this, especially with the control I have over the SEO for everything - but man I'm having fun :-)

Anyway, just thought I'd give those who were curious another example of how flexible this script is.

Also, if you're curious about how the checkout works, there are a few items there that you can add to cart. You'll see you stay on your site until you hit checkout, then a banner with your logo comes up transfering to Amazon, and then all your items are there with a button to add them all to your Amazon cart. Pretty cool!

WoW you did an amazing job with your new store =). This is why I believe so much in Fresh Store Builder. It really gives the user the freedom to build their stores they way they want. All these other scripts are 95% encrypted and don't let you make any modifications. Keep up the good work =). Also if you like to add your site to our showcase on freshstorebuilder .com just send me a ticket and you can get a link back to your store.

Can FSB be used on more than one site or you must purchase a license for more than one site?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

housebg & ntech25 : TY for sharing all the great tips and examples!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    Can FSB be used on more than one site or you must purchase a license for more than one site?
    It's unlimited licenses so you can build as many stores as you like. =)

24. Thanks From:

Is that new? I know they had some sort of holiday sale for unlimited but mine is limited to 10 domains I believe. That's actually why I tried AoM first, because theirs is unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    Is that new? I know they had some sort of holiday sale for unlimited but mine is limited to 10 domains I believe. That's actually why I tried AoM first, because theirs is unlimited.
    Hi Brad

Yea it's a new pricing structure and unlimited licenses.

I have used aom and it's a horrible script. Gives you no freedom and you are stuck with the same category names as every other aom store. The urls for aom are also horrible and I will show examples but I'm typing from a phone. Just wante to reply to this post. If fsb was selling the script for 147 just for one licenses I would still buy it over aom heh. Sorry if I sound a bit mean to aom but before fsb I spent a lot of time and money with aom script and never got long term income from that script. Always failed cause wasn't really seo optimized.

If anyone is interested, I did a review of this script and placed it up on my site at Xigko (dot) com.

Full Disclosure - the links in the review have my affiliate id, so you can avoid those if you want :-)

Still really loving this script, just need to get my store all filled in now.

The SEO potential for FSB is pretty darn sweet, I have to admit. I was planning on taking my time to build out my store, and once I had a decent base of items populated I figured I'd submit sitemaps to Google, Yahoo and Bing and see what happened. Just a hobby site really, until today...

I woke up this morning and discovered I'm getting search traffic - to my half built store (yikes!). Quick search and I'm on page 1 of Yahoo and Bing for the search time - organic all natural products. I've not even submitted sitemaps to anyone yet, so that's a surprise.

Nowhere close to page 1 on Google, but truly didn't expect that yet. All in all, I guess I need to quickly finish populating the store with at least a decent amount of products - can't have search engines sending me visitors and not have a good experience. I guess there are worse things than having to move faster because you're seeing traffic :-)

Having the control over all the text and seo is truly fantastic, but be aware that it takes much longer to fill out your store than just pulling the same amazon descriptions as everyone else.

Off to go write product descriptions :-)

could someone do a feature comparison for us? FSB vs AOM

and your opinions on what are the best three features of each.

thnx
    The internet is a fad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast