Just reporting this to you all, They falsely advertise there free cd promotions, I was triple charged for a cd, and Secretly billed for $108.00 I refused to pay the bill and they got collectors association to send me a bill. I payed it but I want to let you all know, that Columbia House is greedy and there site is not technically stable. and Becareful if you are a member. If I could afford it I would get a lawyer and sue them. (They are a linkshare partner) I would like a answer from them on this issue. Why did they triple charged me and there was not any notice that I was going to be charged $108 for a free cd promotion.

Jason
    Santa Cruz

Did you fulfill the terms of your membership agreement by buying your CDs?

They are NOT free without further obligation...you are joining a CD club. How could they possibly just give you "free cds" without asking you to buy more?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Linkshare should immediately investigate the FREE con job and make an example of Columia House and all other FREEBEE CD music & S/W peddlers who abuse the affiliates and their customer base. IF it's a FREEBEE it's a scam-n- spam game in 2003 and should be pushed out of the merchant pool to the 3rd world networks.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

ABW Ambassador
    Nothing is free. As far as Columbia House you get free dvds or cds but you pay shipping and handling charges and you agree to buy usually 3 or 4 in the next 2 to 3 years. If you don't they charge you the balance. All this is stated when you sign up. Jason i don't know if this is the problem you are having, but i used to join all these clubs in the past and thats how they work.

Refuse To Lose - Chuck D

No, but why should I pay when they charge me 3 times for the same cd, that I only ordered one of. I thought I payed by credit card, But I'm not spending my time or money or buy cds from Columbia house.

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    Have you called them and spoke to them reasonably? They are trouble, for sure, but.. usually can figure out what happened and what went wrong.

I also know people who open 2 accounts at a time every few months then close them with their DVD club. Not all the offers require further fullfillment.

Good Luck. Don't let them push you around and don't pay what you truly don't owe, but, be sure you didnt sign up for something which required you to buy a bunch more ..

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

ABW Ambassador
    I mistakingly ordered videos through Columbia House, and they were very helpful when I wanted DVD's instead. I have even had the commission show up for my order. I suppose different people have different experiences with merchants.
    I suppose there must be a few people out there who actually like AOL

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread