Merchant Funding | Missing Payments
    CJ isn't paying me for commissions from October and November from a certain merchant. I semi-regularly communicate with the AM and he assures me they maintain the program funding. You know CJ doesn't hesitate to deactivate a program if there is insufficient funding, but this program hasn't been deactivated during this time.

I opened a ticket at CJ asking why I haven't been paid. They said there isn't enough funds in the account to pay me. They went on to say that the merchant made a 'significant deposit' today, yet my commissions from October and November are still sitting in 'Locked' and haven't moved onto 'Closed'.

How will they ever move on if not when the merchant makes the 'significant deposit'? Will CJ ever apply the merchants deposit to my overdue commissions? I can see this snowballing.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Was it resolved?

Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I had an affiliate contact me that he hadn't gotten paid for a merchant I manage that had me shut down the program a year ago. In this case the VP who agreed to pay out the program and cancellation fee left the company. I was contacted in March by the affiliate and it was this month that he got paid. In this case it was the merchant prolonging the payment but once CJ got it they paid immediately. I would lean on the merchant, are you still producing for them?

Thanks for the reply, Chuck.

I've been with this merchant since 2004 and continue to produce very well for them.

CJ got back to me with a canned response that basically said the merchant is responsible for funding the account on, or before, the 13th of every month.

I'm not sure why, if they make a deposit today, it doesn't apply immediately to past due commissions. It sounds like individual months' commissions are all pushed together on the next 13th and if there is $0.01 too little money in their account - you get paid nothing.

As a merchant does CJ make you aware of how much you need to have in your account on the 13th?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I thought CJ and LS were sending weekly payment based on when the money was received. Haven't heard of the 13th of the month rule.

Here is the second message I got from CJ;

"The payment cycle runs once a month, and closing happens between the 13th and the 14th. So advertisers need to have the sufficient balance going into that timeframe in order to get the commissions to close."

I had asked if new deposits pay overdue commissions first, that's the answer I got.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread