Need a Script for club and event registration
    Hi, I am helping a friend start a new site and he wants to collect information from various clubs around the country and display when they have events. We are trying to come up with a wordpress plugin or standalone database driven script that does this.

thanks for any help!!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 26th, 2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: newbies can not add links to their posts

Hi Truth244,

I use a script called Evento, which is freestanding and has some cool featured - but takes a lot of customization. The demo is horrific though, as the developer changed their site and it's a bit broken. If you want to see a working version it's on my DoPasadena site (just add dot com at end). This one was 39 euro, licensed for unlimited sites. Built in SQL and CakePHP.

For Wordpress, the best I've found in the WP Events Theme (just google that). I think this may be closer to what you need, as it has zip code search - which will be important for a site covered multiple locations. You can also setup Featured events, with payment, with multiple payment gateways to choose from.

Evento allows for users to join and upload photos of events, mark whether they are attending, make friends and send private messages, and can filter by locations - but not search. You also can't charge for events, and the customization is very intense.

Checkout both, but I think WP Events Theme will be more what you want. It wasn't available back when I was making the events sections on my sites, but if I had to do it again - I'd go with WP Events.

Thank you so much!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread