Warning: Signed up with onlinesmoker.com 8-6-02, had 2,717 hits up until I pulled their banner back in March. Had 433 sales at $1 each but never received any payment what so ever. Have tried many times with every contact link I could find on their site to get some kind of answer as to why no money, starting around the first of the year (2003) and finally gave up in March. Add onlinesmoker.com to your deadbeat list!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    What darn network wouldn't help you collect from this deadbeat merchant? My guess is a Indy scamm artist.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I follow your namesake and add them to your RoadKill list . . . aided by a baseball bat to the brainpan. I just went to their site and reamed them a new one~! Started with "PAY YOUR AFFILIATES YOU FREELOADER" . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Look forward to a new program this week to replace them (99Year cookie and keep=yes).

BTW - did you ever see thier disclaimer? ROTFLMAO!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Appreciate the support,

Charlie - I don't know nothing about their network, I know they're overseas somewhere.

Cyclone - Thanks for the backup, once I warn others (which I'm very thankful for a forum like this site provides allowing that) I try to move on with higher priority items like finding honest merchants that function.

Haiko - If you find that new program for cigarettes, let me know cause I'm ready to try em. No, I didn't read their disclaimer.

All the above - Being fairly new at this affiliate business and never getting around to worrying about my law degree, I don't pay much attention to the fine print (I know, suicide, hench the handle RoadKill!) Thought I'd start with the try em, dump em, keep em approach focusing on the, do they send money or excuses angle. I know trial and error is tough but sites like this can go a long way in avoiding them fine print traps. Thanks again, together we can id the scams and highlight the honorable saving us thousands in ripoffs and snatching thousands right out of the greedy pockets of the lying, thieving, cheating, deceptive, blood sucking parasites that thrive on fine print and a thousand excuses for not paying what they pretend they will. I love simple, no pay, no play, right!

ABW Ambassador
    >Haiko - If you find that new program for cigarettes, let me know cause I'm ready to try em.

There is a USA merchant in beta testing as we speak. Real American Tobacco. Warehouse in Kentucky. Stay tuned......

If you wish to know more - you can't. "For security reasons the only ones allowed to see the profiles are affiliate managers."

I joined Online Smoker at Shareasale and sent them close to 1500 hits. I only made one sale and it was in the first few days I advertised their site. No sales since, I changed to another independent tobacco company last week and have sold 11 cartons in the first 6 days. Haven't been with them long enough to collect any money but I'll keep you posted.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread