Just a heads up. There might be something very fishy going on with the conversion rates and batched sales (or should I say the lack the of) at KBTOYS.COM/ETOYS.COM (Same company now, two websites).

Has anyone else noticed a lack of reported sales? Myself and many others have sites with very loyal customer bases. We have customers who shop at KBTOYS, ETOYS, Amazon, and dozens of other merchants for holiday gifts. Most of the other merchants are tracking consistent sales results. The conversion ratios have been the same for almost four years. Now, ever since KB/EToys moved to CJ, they are tracking about 1/10th the number of sales!!!!

The excuses are flying. First, I was told that it might be the one day cookie. However, many of the other merchants, including Amazon, have a one day or a zero day cookie. I can't imagine how a one-day cookie can causes sales to decrease by 90% when most of the visitors are impulse buying. Then I heard that the lack of sales tracking may be caused by KB/Etoys only paying commission on sales from First-time customers. However, nowhere in the program information at CJ does it state that! If this is the case, then it's FRAUD! Someone else also suggested that the decline was a result of batched reports and sales are only posted AFTER they are shipped. But weeks are going by with thousands of clickthroughs and only a few dozen sales [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

HELP!

To make matters even worse, I think KB/Etoys is in bed with BIZRATE.COM. I watched several people make some test sales at KB through one of my sites and at the end of the sale, a Bizrate pop-up ad appears asking the shopper to visit Bizrate.com and complete a shopping survey. Those sales still haven't shown on my commission reports. Does anyone think the bizrate.com link was put there by KB or was it a result of a previous bizrate.com cookie??? To add fuel to the fire, KB/Etoys has a strict policy of turning off commission for any merchants who violate their strict policy of not bidding at the ppc sites on KB trademark names and not including them in affiliate site url's. Yet, if you look at Overture.com you'll see that KB is allowing the following #1 listing under the extremely popular term kbtoys;

BizRate.com Superfind: Kbkids
    Stop searching and start shopping! Click here and you'll find great deals on Kbkids at the best online stores, as rated by millions of customers like you! www.bizrate.com
    (Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.15)

I'd like CJ to confirm whether or not Bizrate.com's KBToys/Etoys commission rate was turned off like everyone else who violates the agreement!!!

So here we sit, wasting the holiday season away because a once very reliable toy merchant chooses to screw us royally!!!

Reluctantly I joined KBtoys and eToys because the product I wanted suddenly went out of stock at Amazon/Toys'R'Us.

Who else is there to use with a wide enough product base?

Меня зовут Динаму

(Oops offtopic, sorry, I'll post that in the other forum)

Меня зовут Динаму

According to your points, something fishy is going on, but I don't think Bizrate's survey pop up, would interfere the sales process. Letting bizrate.com bid for a term like "kbtoys" and forbidding other affiliates would just be a double-standard.

There is indeed a double standard. I've already spoken to a few affiliates who had campaigns running at ppc sites that they forgot about. KB turned their commissions down to something like .01% until the ads were removed. I doubt that Bizrate.com would continue to spend a few thousand dollars a day with zero return. KB/Etoys is letting it slide and it's not fair!!

ABW Ambassador
    "at the end of the sale, a Bizrate pop-up ad appears asking the shopper to visit Bizrate.com and complete a shopping survey."

Most online stores have bizrate surveys at the end of a sale. The main purpose of Bizrate is to judge customer satisfaction (this is extremely valuable information for vendors).

It is highly unlikely that Bizrate affected the commission. I usually fill out the Bizrate customer satisfaction survey. They seem to me to be a pretty straight forward company.

BizRate does do some online marketing. Personally, I think this is a very dangerous conflict of interest, since their vast customer service databases give them an unfair competitive advantage.

It would be interesting to hear some of the merchants view on BizRate, but I am pretty sure they are not the reason for the missing commissions.

I agree. I made a purchase through a friend's site, and filled out the bizrate survey. My purchase tracked at CJ and my friend received the commission within minutes of my completing the transaction.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    KB is NOT reporting sales accurately.

I watched an order be placed through my link to them on 12/4. They have uploaded batch reports TWICE since then and it still has not shown up in my reports!

I am really getting aggrevated with this. This is three sales I know of with three different affiliate programs and companies that I haven't gotten my credit for.

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

~Michelle

I think it's time we start to make a list of all of the sales that we know about that are missing from the commission reports. Then we can have the CJ Engineers investigate. Michele, why don't you start with the details about the time, date, etc.. of the sale.

Well.. interestingly despite having reservations (and their sucky batch system) I'm getting a good EPC with them of $20+ and MORE conversions than I was getting at Amazon/Toy'R'Us.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

ABW Ambassador
    I get a sale for every 36 clicks. The reporting isn't very timely, but 1/36 is pretty good.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Update:

The order that was placed above on the 4th finally showed up in my stats on about the 10th. There was not an inkling of that sale activity with them.

I have to wonder if they are just way behind in their reporting since it took 6 days from the sale until I saw it in my stats.

~Michelle

ABW Ambassador
    They track fine, getting some good sales this month. They are just one of the slowest to report.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

Put a few items in your cart and check out the shipping, I have seen a few cases where shipping exceeded item cost. I think the conversion issues are when they are NOT running the free shipping promo. Just my .02 cents worth ..

ABW Ambassador
    In my opinion KB toys dont give a rats arse about affiliates. Amazon converts far better and pays the same.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    i get 1 sale for every 113 clicks!!

I get more with amazon!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread