I'm trying to find info on a merchant whose contact info is bogus or is not working for me for some reason. The url is
    home-shop.net . They sell DeepTan tanning pills, a product that others also sell and I don't think home-shop.net is the maker of the prodiuct. Has anyone had any experience with these guys? I'm owed quite a bit, hence worried about not being able to contact them. The funny thing is, I still get sale notifications and up to date data but no way to contact them. Thanks.

Steve

ABW Ambassador
    They look like a bogus operation to me. The fact that there is no company contact info. on their website is a huge red flag. And 50% commissions??? If it sounds too good to be true...

http://www.home-shop.net/affiliateprogram.htm

Health & Fitness Direct Ltd
    Wembley
    Middlesex, ha0 1pn ha0 1pn,

UNITED KINGDOM
    44 208 902 0182 44 208 902 0182
    sales@home-shop.net

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Thanks Connie, Unfortunatley I've tried both email and the phone number and both were dead ends. I put a call into a separate domain registrant that hosts the checkout page and am awaiting a call from their legal dept. What it looks like though is the home-shop people point to safe-order.net for checkout. So I've got to figure out if they are a responsible party or just a service bureau.

Like I said before, it would be great if this is a simple misunderstanding and a case of not updated contact info. Any online detectives want to flex their muscle for free?

Steve

But the full whois record has a Middlesex registrant, but a New York technical contact which is darned strange.

A check of Google Groups shows some affiliate spam and older WHOIS entries, but it doesn't look like a spammy outfit itself, just a few rogue affiliates.

Alexa shows that it's been online since 1997 but only has moderate traffic.

You can look up basic company details for UK companies at Companies House - they have an entry for HEALTH AND FITNESS DIRECT.COM LTD with the Middlesex address.

Using http://www.192.com/ I get a matching address of:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>HEALTH & FITNESS DIRECT.COM LTD
    TRINITY HOUSE
    HEATHER PARK DRIVE
    WEMBLEY MIDDLESEX
    HA0 1SU
    SIC: 5133 Piece goods
    WHL.DIST. OF TEX, CLOTHG, FTWR <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interestingly it's primarily a clothing distributor. Couldn't find any more details, but you should be able to get the company reports from companies house. For a legitimate operation, it doesn't seem to be very forthcoming, but it *is* a registered company. Also I can find no trace of healthandfitnessdirect.com - it's not even registered, which is kind of odd since it's the company name.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

I think they started around Oct 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.home-shop.net

Regards,

=xo=

What worries me is not the evidence of anything dodgy, but the complete lack of evidence of anything at all.

Normally I can find directors reports, but in this case zilch. The Wembley address thay they give is pretty downmarket. The domain name is odd.

Although it's UK owned, the details on the site indicate a US company and refer to the "Amazonia Affiliate Program".

I dunno.. I can't find anything specific about them, it's just that I don't feel comfortable with the fact that nothing seems to match (Tanning Pills sold to the US by a site owned by a UK clothing company) and there are layers upon layers. It reminds me of those MLM pharmaceutical schemes, but I can't see any specific evidence of that.

Personally, I wouldn't touch 'em.

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

These are all great leads. I appreciate the help here. The one thing I haven't tried is ordering the product to see if it really arrives, then tracing it back. What are the odds that it is legit, just a long forgotten sales machine that's still running. I'd say about 3% chance of that.

I'll keep everyone posted on anything that happens - especially if a check arrives. Maybe I should appeal to this crowd buy offering a commision on any info that leads to collecting from these guys.

Thanks again for the help.

Steve

Everyone, I have a new lead that could be extremely helpful to tracking down this merchant. (home-shop.net) There is a small banner for a CJ program on the site. The CJ link is http://www.qksrv.net/click-1069603-487858 . I have sent a message to CJ hoping they can put me in contact with the site manager, but I expect they will cite confidentiality and not provide it (can't blame them).

But hopefully someone here can help me locate them with this new information. To sweeten the deal I'm offering $200 to the first person that can help me recover my commisions. Thanks, Steve

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread