Columbus Network reverses all sales and do not answer emails. I have invited them to come to this board and explain why. I am pretty sure they will not. If you have a better experience with them, let us know.

sbom

ABW Ambassador
    >>Columbus Network reverses all sales<<

How many sales are we talking here (numbers and dollars) and do you have any documentation that these are not legitimate reversals?

>>and do not answer emails.<<

Bad merchant, NO BISCUIT. OTOH, it's hardly worthy of a fraud charge.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Cedric, the number of sales and amount of sales are immaterial. The important thing is that 100% of sales were reversed and 0% emails answered. How do I know if the reversals are legitimate if they do not answer emails?
    The important thing is if other affiliates have similar experiences.

sbom

Hmm.. too new for stats and no obvious extra information on their programme. Good looking commission on high-ticket items though - I can see why they're attractive in payout terms.

It's a shame CJ stats take a while to update.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    >>How do I know if the reversals are legitimate if they do not answer emails?<<

Point taken.

>>Cedric, the number of sales and amount of sales are immaterial. <<

There's a SIGNIFICANT difference between a merchant reversing 100% of fifty sales and 100% of one sale.

>>The important thing is if other affiliates have similar experiences.<<

Just my personal take, but I would have asked that question in one of the non-FRAUD forums... IMO, it's a questionable step to affiliate a merchant program with fraud if you have no evidence of such.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Columbus-Network is Rafaello ties. They have a bad rep for reversals.

I think that settles it.

I

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Columbus-Network is Rafaello ties. They have a bad rep for reversals. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Case Closed! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

ABW Ambassador
    Case Closed is NOT a good place to end this. Why don't you REPORT the &$#Qbags~!

Try making some sense out of why this specific order was reversed.
    Santa Barbara Guy

Subject: Re: 84369098
    Date: 2002-10-08 07:59:51.0

I''ve read your mail.
    I''m sorry we didn''t answer to your e-mails, but we had a problem with the CJ mail and we didn''t receive it forwarded in our Columbus-Network mail.

We normally reverse only the orders which present an invalid credit card number and which are surely a fraud. The number of valid orders depends on a quality traffic parameter of the affiliate. We have a great number of affiliates and some of them seems to have a lot of fraud intents on the orders coming from their site. We obviously have to reverse all the invalid orders.

Most of the invalid orders were rejected because in the credit card checking process on the bank web site, the same bank recognized them as invalid, expired or stolen credit cards. This can happen during the automatic checking process or during the customer personal details checking process.

Regarding the unqualified lead that we reversed (N. 84369098) I have to explain you that sometimes in the field of the order number appears, instead of the order number, the IP number of the PC of the customer. For us is totally impossible to recognize the order and we have to reverse it.

Regards

Fabrizio De Zuani
    Marketing Manager

Columbus Network
    Hoping Srl
    Via Aosta 21
    10152 Torino
    +39011283682
    fabridezuani@columbus-network.com
    www.columbus-network.com

sbom

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Santa Barbara Guy:
    Columbus Network reverses all sales and do not answer emails. I have invited them to come to this board and explain why. I am pretty sure they will not. If you have a better experience with them, let us know.

sbom<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Get away from these merchants. You're the very reason why they're still around.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    He posted that in Sept 2002!

He might have dropped them after posting their response LAST YEAR...

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    Luxury goods such at what Raffaello offers tend to attract an inordinate number of fraud orders.

Think about it. Let's say you pick up some poor sap in a nightcub, steal their credit card and scoot before they wake up. Now when you set out to buy a watch, for instance, are you gonna go for the $14.95 house-brand special at K Mart or are you gonna try to score a nice Piaget or Tag Heuer?

There are PLENTY of CC fraud attempts both online and off, and the online attempts will lean toward the "goodies".

If you want to promote luxury brands, you just need to temper your nerves and your spirit, and don't let a high reversal rate discourage or disillusion you.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread