Your views about reviews
    What are your thoughts on conversion from a review website featuring user generated reviews? Also, do you think users will like it more when the reviews are classified under positive and negative sentiments or they would like to read it in a list form, where the positive and negative reviews are not classified? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

superCool likes reviews. There are a lot of review sites so they must convert (right?). But keep in mind that a person looking at reviews might not be ready to buy today (they're still in research phase), so it might be good to come up with strategies to help them decide to buy now, or to at least click to all of your merchants to set your cookies.

Regarding the organization of the reviews... it would be nice to have it both ways - maybe optional sorting or filtering by pos/neg.

It's probably not going to be easy to get a bunch of good reviews. Also be sure to check the rules on disclosure.

Good luck!

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    I can tell you from my experience that review sites are great.
    About the " not having enough good review"i wouldn't worry about that too much, of course that happy buyers are not always ruining to the world to tell everyone that the site they bought from is great, but it happens, lots of times when the product is hard to find, or its very pricey in most of the places. Otherwise you will find a lot of unsatisfied costumers , who are so unsatisfied that they are looking to get back at the site they bought from by spreading their frustration . (they have their reasons of course)
    I would say that " rate" the products/service/ site is great , everyone can rate and leave a comment. This way you don't have to put them in two columns as in " good " and " bad" reviews, but everyone can see how each costumer rated the product/service/site .
    I wouldn't go and classify the reviews as bad or good, it makes people wonder if the reviews are real or not.If you let everyone rate the products for example, it makes each replay look more personal and real then just classify them as good or bad. But this is just my opinion..
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    superCool likes reviews. There are a lot of review sites so they must convert (right?). But keep in mind that a person looking at reviews might not be ready to buy today (they're still in research phase), so it might be good to come up with strategies to help them decide to buy now, or to at least click to all of your merchants to set your cookies.

Regarding the organization of the reviews... it would be nice to have it both ways - maybe optional sorting or filtering by pos/neg.

It's probably not going to be easy to get a bunch of good reviews. Also be sure to check the rules on disclosure.

Good luck!
    Thank you superCool! That was a great insight. Would you mind looking at our website and giving your feedback? [Link Removed, Newbies are not allowed to link to their site!] We are trying to save the time of our users by summarizing the reviews, so that they would not have to read all the reviews before taking the purchasing decision.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; January 12th, 2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Liink Removed, Newbies are not allowed to link to their site!

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia from DNP View Post
    I can tell you from my experience that review sites are great.
    I would say that " rate" the products/service/ site is great , everyone can rate and leave a comment. This way you don't have to put them in two columns as in " good " and " bad" reviews, but everyone can see how each costumer rated the product/service/site .
    I wouldn't go and classify the reviews as bad or good, it makes people wonder if the reviews are real or not.If you let everyone rate the products for example, it makes each replay look more personal and real then just classify them as good or bad. But this is just my opinion..
    Thank you Yulia from DNP! This was a valuable feedback and we are discussing about incorporating the rating system in the reviews.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Jash, link Removed, Newbies are not allowed to link to their site! Warning issued please read the forum rules.

We have a forum for site reviews that you are welcome to post to but not in the Midnight Cafe.

Every article I have read gives reviews a great relevance to improving sales. Many merchants I have worked with in the last 5 years have optimized reviews on their sites and I use them when shopping on Amazon.

If you can get your reviews to rank organically you can add more SERPs to your product pages.

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Jash, link Removed, Newbies are not allowed to link to their site! Warning issued please read the forum rules.

We have a forum for site reviews that you are welcome to post to but not in the Midnight Cafe.
    My apologies Chuck.

We'll mark it up to a newbie mistake and I do encourage you to post your site to the review forum for member comments.

Hey Chuck, I have posted the site on 'site reviews' for feedback. Thanks for the information.

Feedback please
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; January 12th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread