Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Job.com <-- They owe me commission, but trying to get a hold of them is impossible. I am not 100% sure, but I think they are cheating on CJ. The reason is because I normally test merchant links out before mass advertising, and for job.com, they didn't come up for me even though I made a purchase.. hmm...

Hostrocket.. I made a purchase from them with my link.. never got credit.. my friend made a purchase from link.. never got credit either. Emailed hostrocket and they said email cj, emailed cj and they said hostrocket said manually credit. emailed hostrocket and never got response back.

Hotjobs.. had to make phone call to affiliate manager than after finally getting a hold, I was told he will credit but its been weeks.

These are just based on my experiences.. it is so sad nowadays that I always have to force myself to make a purchase with merchant just to make sure their links track

Hi Eternity,

Did you scan your system for spyware? It's always worth doing to check.

Меня зовут Динаму

yes I did check. I use a program call adware.. however, the computer that I was a brand new formatted computer. The clicks executed fine though, just the sales didn't. It makes me think these merchants didn't put the script at the end of their order form or something

Hmmmmmmm... this is another stress factor of what's could be going on!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eternity:
    yes I did check. I use a program call adware.. however, the computer that I was a brand new formatted computer. The clicks executed fine though, just the sales didn't. It makes me think these merchants didn't put the script at the end of their order form or something<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

====================

Geeeeeezzzzzz!!!
    but you might have a great observation on this one.
    Is it possible that they didn't put the tracking code on the order form? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....

This is getting to be soooooooooooooo wierd to me.
    I am a newbee (few months old) on this business.

But I have worked for so many years with costumer service.

And to see all the shopping sites I been and our site. I say we all have a great advertising technique that attract users to shop on any of our shopping sites ( all of us affialite sites).

And we all offer good advertising technique that a costumer is attractive to buy.

And that's the fun part of this business the competition of how to attract users to shop on any of our sites, That we all worked hard to put it together to make the competition very challenging.

I was brought up with the value of Family sticking together and even though family argue of fight to each other! We still stick together.
    If anyone mess with one of my family, and the whole family will go after who ever that person that trying to hurt or treat my family like we don't have any sence. It really ticks me off to know that we all been taking advantage of the situation.

And I think this board ( Thanks to Haiko )and all the members of this business should stick together to make this business very successfully in very very long time. The future of Internet Shopping is gonna be bigger that today and I know we all know that! :-)

And I have a great feeling that it will be coming soon for us to be in a the lead.

I have seen the power of the Family sticking together and bring down the bad guys!

I love the saying in Texas state.

"Don't mess with Texas"

Well here is my two cents!

"Don't mess with The Affiliates Family" :-)

Time to party and I wish all a great weekend.

~~ NOVA ~~

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

ABW Ambassador
    I believe many of the national job boards are on the skids. Several employee surveys showed that people don't get hired through job boards. I recall Jobs.com and hotjobs issued notices about discontinuing the lead portion of their affiliate programs, it seemed that they were teetering on giving up the employer leads portion as well. I would expect very little from this sector.

Missoula - Short Stories

HotJobs ditched leads some time ago before it got taken over by Yahoo - I guess it was partly HotJobs poor trading position but also a barometer of the economic situation i.e. too many people chasing too few jobs.

In any case, it definitely sounds like the merchant didn't track properly.

Меня зовут Динаму

anyone here know what i can do to get commissions back? i tried contacting merchatns, but they never respond

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well folks you'd think competing merchants would at least turn on their confirmation reporting tags and base the competition on the quality of their sites and services. Two weeks ago I needed 2 new domains for clients. Clicked at my site on NameBoy and Dotster and registered one site with each using the clients credit cards. Went through just fine and both seem to have nice admin features for domains.

Only Darn &@**! problem was neither one bothered to credit my account with a sale. Screw all these wannbee registrars I'll just make the clients signup for Network Solutions for 5 years and be done with it. I'm not getting paid anyway so they might as well get the the premium service.

WebMaster Mike

why doesn't CJ do anything about this. The problem wit CJ is that they don't really give a damn if you have a problem. I have a problem with a few merchants who didnt' click correctly and I called and e-mailed and it still hasn't been resolved it.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >I'll just make the clients signup for Network Solutions for 5 years and be done with it. I'm not getting paid anyway so they might as well get the the premium service.

Premium service? Don't make me laugh! Network Solutions isthe WORST out there.

Just ask the owners of lotto.com, breeders.com and a bunch of others who had their names hijacked from NSI months ago and have only JUST got them back TODAY.

NSI has a long track record of screw-up's costing other people their domain names and businesses. I thought everyone knew to avoid NSI by now?

ABW Ambassador
    There isn't a merchant on the planet that isn't deliberately trying to get everything for nothing~!

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder if the problem with so many sales not being credited to us could be something to do with Internet Explorer version 6 not accepting cookies. I have been using Clickbank for a couple of years and have done very well with them, however my sales have been going way south lately. I signed up with Nitrostats to track my traffic, they can not only track traffic on your own site but also traffic to affiliate sites that you promote. I found that at least half of my visitors clicking through to the order form were not tracking with my nickname in the order form URL. I notified Clickbank about this and they are looking into it, they said they think it might be with the Nitrostats redirect not being P3P compliant. Do search engines use a redirect which may not be compliant also and not crediting us with sales? I don't understand all of this, I understand that cookies might not be accepted from sites that are not compliant, but you would think an immediate sale should give us credit, just not future orders. Anyone have any ideas about this?

I have just had two reversals (different merchants at CJ) both stating invalid credit card.
    Has anyone had this occur?
    It seems to me that a sale will not even go through before it's validated the credit card.
    These were a $1850 sale and a $2500 sale.
    I emailed both merchants and got no reply.
    Any have any suggestions?
    Thanks

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    LQ, I've had that happen before, but the merchants also gave me multiple sales, some for large amounts, so I have a tendancy to believe them.

I guess it just has to come down to trends. If you notice that every large sale from a merchant gets reversed, then it doesn't really matter if it is a legit reversal or not: you need to drop them, because either way you are not getting the money.

However, if a reversal is the exception rather than the rule, it is quite probable that that is a legit reversal.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

That's a very intresting comment "having to buy from merchant to see if their links are tracking sales" Funny thing is I have numerous links on my site and the vast mayority of them do not yield any income . It's the same sites over and over again that report sales.

Somebody is breaking the bank

---------------
    I'm sure you have heard the saying

"Shoot for the stars, you just might hit the moon"

For discount long distance, callback and other telecom service deals please visit http://www.seymourab.4t.com

There are probably 100's of bad merchants on CJ. I suppose I ought to pull my list together.

How many 0.00 EPC or virtually 0.00 EPC merchants on CJ?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> anyone here know what i can do to get commissions back? i tried contacting merchatns, but they never respond <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell them that you have a transaction ID Number and a credit card invoice because you or somebody you know made the purchase through your affiliate link.

If they do not respond favorably when you put the issue in this light, contact the Attorney General's office of the state that they are in. It's....it's.....MAGIC! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

EcomCity.com: I just found this forum and your post about not recieving credit from Dotster.

I am sorry this happened, around that time we had a problem with IE6 not accepting cookies with a privacy policy reference.

If you email me the domain you registered and your CJ publisher ID I will make sure you are credited at our new higher 15% commission rate and give you a bonus to apologise for the delay.

If anyone else has missing sales please email them to me as well for the same deal.

Send to mmitford@dotster.com.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    http://www.dotster.com/

Dotster.com also does not care about the type of web sites, or content they publish either. If you write them numerous times as our service has with complaints, they never respond.

Seems that dotster.com is getting back some of which it doles out. Oh how the world does turn.

DesignerWiz.com Team
    http://DesignerWiz.com

I don't know, but I think their is a lot of fraud going on the merchant side with non tracked or falsely reversed sales.

CJ is one of the bigger, but I do not think that they are the only one affected.
    However, almost every transaction with 100+ commission gets reversed by the merchant. Sorry, but I can not believe, that all those transactions are because "invalid cc"'s etc.
    My problem is, I can't prove it. And that pisses me off.

To be honest, I never thought much about the "Acclaimed Program" from BeFree to evaluate the affiliate marketing quality of a merchant (from tracking to payments).
    I hope that they added the CoC (Code of Conduct) requirements (no Parasites) to that status.

This under-valued Status becomes probably a more and more valuable criteria for the decission to join the program or not.

All other providers do not have something like that.

I valued CJ and Linkshare higher that BeFree in the past, but my attitude is beginning to change (I still don't like at BeFree, that I get money for each merchant separate though , but a combined commission check is against the structure of their business ).

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

DesignerWiz.com: here is my opinion in a personal capacity, not as a Dotster employee:

It is not the job of Domain registrars to be the Domain Police and review the content of every site that someone has registered with them. That is not what the Internet is about.

What registrars do is assign an available address to someone who wants it, if they point that domain to a web site that does not mean we are creating/managing that web site or producing its content.

Can you imagine what it would cost you for your domain name if your registrar had to regularly visit your site to make sure there was nothing objectionable there?, and who decides what is objectionable and what isn't?, Verisign/Network Solutions used to bad the "seven words" when they were a monopoly which caused a lot of problems for people in Japan who wanted to register domains related to Shitake mushrooms.

However, The quickest way to get a domain name shut down if they are doing something illegal is to check the WHOIS data for the domain and if it is incorrect put in a complaint with ICANN.

http://reports.internic.net/cgi/rpt_whois/rpt.cgi

Domain registrants are required to have valid contact information in WHOIS, and ICANN requires registrars to investigate claims of invalid WHOIS data and, if the registrant does not then provide valid data, to delete the domain registration.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

Hello Mark Mitford,

Nice to hear from you. Nothing against you personally at all here. We did the above mentioned stages in our complaint. Yes, you are absolutely correct in your statement. We did those steps above with success despite your services inattention and direct disregards to our multiple eMails informing your service of a client.

But, when numerous agencies, individuals, etc., contact a host provider service with complaints over a long duration period and the host provider does nothing (appearingly) about an issue, it directly reflects on the host service does it not?

We ourselves would never tolerate hosting a service that continously generated complaints irregardless as to our beliefs in what is classified as "what is objectionable and what isn't?".

We would find that this proposed an issue that reflects our service stance to the general public and not selectively close a blind eye in what can only assume be based on bottom dollar revenue interest. But, this is our opinion and may not be a practice your service wishes to practice and adhere to.

In any event, we would certainly respond to each eMail that we received from anyone who contacts us despite of the so called "what is objectionable and what isn't?" theory your service wishes to mask behind. But, then again ... that's our opinion and business working practices.

Once again Mark, nothing personal here intended.

DesignerWiz.com Team
    http://DesignerWiz.com

DesignerWiz.com,

Thanks for the feedback, and I understand you don't mean anything personally.

In a personal capacity again:

I think there is a disconnect here between hosting a domain and being the registrar for it.

Web hosting companies directly host the web pages on their servers and often have terms in their service agreement banning certain objectionable activities.

Domain registrars don't directly host or manage the pages (unless they also provide web hosting for that domain), a request for a .com www page typically goes from the web browser to one of the TLD zone servers (operated by Verisign) to get the nameservers for that domain (usually provided by the hosting company), then to onew of those nameservers to get the IP address for the www server, then to that www server. The request never touches the registrars systems.

Complaints about the content of a site should go to the hosting company, and complaints about the accuracy of WHOIS data etc should go to the registrar (who will act on it if it comes from the ICANN submission page).

You are right that emails to us should have been responded to, and I'm sorry if you did not get a response to emails you sent us. The only case I know of where our customer support team don't respond is when the email concerns a legal threat or action in which case it would be forwarded to our legal staff to determine the correct response (in this business we recieve the occasional threat etc in email, recently someone even phoned in a death threat to our CEO!)

That said, good luck in taking a stand against sites and practices you consider objectionable.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hostrocket.. I made a purchase from them with my link.. never got credit.. my friend made a purchase from link.. never got credit either. Emailed hostrocket and they said email cj, emailed cj and they said hostrocket said manually credit. emailed hostrocket and never got response back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't trust Hostrocket. If you check at webhostzone.com, in top 10 host list, Hostrocket is first and FuseBlast is second. You know why? Because webhostzone.com belongs to Hostrocket and Fuseblast too. I made a sale of their hosting package but had reversal. I don't expect to earn much money from them. I put their affiliate link on my site, just because I need content. I promote more merchants who are honest. Recently a lot web hosting providers raise commission rate, but there are a lot of reversals.

SportsBetting.com

September: 7 sales (5 reversed)
    October: 7 sales (3 reversed)
    November: 9 sales (3 reversed)
    December: 3 sales (none yet reversed)

Of the reversals:
    Reason Other: 11

I have contacted their affiliate manager in the past, and he informed me that they reverse transactions that come from their existing customers that re-signup in hopes of getting the sign-up bonus. But, it still troubles me that 40% of transactions are reversed (and I'm going to assume that a few more November/December ones get reversed as well - so, 50%).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast