LetsTalk Warning Email
    Anyone else get the LetsTalk warning email today?

In the email they threaten me to convert clicks to sales or I will be dropped in March.

Anyone know if the program is managed by CJ? It would make sense as CJ puts all their eggs in the EPC basket.

"I've done my job by sending potential customers to your site. You seem to be having trouble converting clicks to sales, though. If there is not marked improvement in conversion performance soon, I will have no choice but to terminate our relationship; it does me no good to continue driving traffic to a non-performing offer"
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Well said Davidh!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    "I've done my job by sending potential customers to your site. You seem to be having trouble converting clicks to sales, though. If there is not marked improvement in conversion performance soon, I will have no choice but to terminate our relationship; it does me no good to continue driving traffic to a non-performing offer"
    Perfect!! I hope you do not mind me using this one next time I get this from a stupid merchant or AM!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    I received the email also and will respond also with your quote.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Yeah, perfect quote !

I have my own comments I answer back to just general emails similar to what you got but love davidh 's Unless it's a merchant I really, really want to work with, I don't bother with them cos I don't want to waste my time on a merchant (or affiliate manager) who has an attitude like this. Chances are even if the program were to convert for you now 6 months or maybe a year from now you'd get another email that you hadn't been getting enough sales.

Used to really bother me before but my attitude has changed completely. For the most part, you're able to find other merchants who will appreciate your efforts or at least not act like this one.

8. Thanks From:

Does anyone know if these emails are generated by the Network, AMs or the merchants?

CJ related merchants appear to be doing this alot more then any other network.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Peri View Post
    Does anyone know if these emails are generated by the Network, AMs or the merchants?

CJ related merchants appear to be doing this alot more then any other network.
    I've noticed this trend. What I think is happening is a combination of CJ managed merchants and AMs listening to the advice of CJ and other networks. The networks focus on EPC and obviously sales.

In many respects I couldn't care less who's doing it. If some merchants are so clueless about how to build affiliate relationships then they deserve the consequences of affiliates posting their concerns about a program on ABW, where posts do a GREAT job of attaining high position in SERPS.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Is there a response email address?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Is there a response email address?
    I just went back and searched my email and the response email address is:
    LetsTalk at cj.com

CJ managed program, does that answer the question?

Outsourced Program Manager Marsha Liebert's Avatar
    I've been noticing this a bit over the past year or so with CJ programs. I think the network is trying to weed out "unqualified" publishers. I've even seen it on my own publisher account - comes from the network directly.

I understand the need to clean out the network as CJ has gained a lot of spammy/fraudulent publishers over the years, but in practice it looks to be hurting a lot of small publishers just trying to get started.

Try personally reaching out to the AM on desired programs to find out, most of the time it's not something they had intended and I know I've pushed the network to keep some publishers on after receiving these notices.
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Marsha Liebert, Sr. Affiliate Manager[/COLOR]
    [B]Gen3 Marketing[/B]
    :envelope: mliebert @ gen3marketing.com | :telephone 215-302-1653 | [URL="http://marshaaffiliateblog.blogspot.com"][B]My Affiliate Blog[/B][/URL]

I should mention that I've reached out to CJ reps when receiving similar letters. Many times they kept me in the program. i think they want to ensure that inactive affiliates are actually still in business.

The LetsTalk rep didn't respond to my email but that might be due to the tome of itt

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha Liebert View Post
    I understand the need to clean out the network as CJ has gained a lot of spammy/fraudulent publishers over the years, but in practice it looks to be hurting a lot of small publishers just trying to get started.
    They are also sending these emails to 5 bar affliates as well.......
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    They are also sending these emails to 5 bar affliates as well.......
    direct from the networks or the merchants?
    [B]Gen3 Marketing[/B]
    :envelope: mliebert @ gen3marketing.com | :telephone 215-302-1653 | [URL="http://marshaaffiliateblog.blogspot.com"][B]My Affiliate Blog[/B][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha Liebert View Post
    direct from the networks or the merchants?
    Directly from CJ

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Directly from CJ
    yeah, that's not right. I'm betting these e-mails are automated and they're using a not-so-intuitive algorithm.
    [B]Gen3 Marketing[/B]

I joined the program to see what the response it. This is a CJ managed program. CJ as well as other networks routinely boot affiliates who are sending clicks but little or no sales so they can keep the EPC as high as possible.

As an OPM I reach out to the affiliate to see if we can convert that traffic to sales. If the merchant sells cell accessories and the affiliate site is about parenting then its probably off target traffic that won't convert.

I think we're talking about two different issues here. I've seen e-mails coming directly from CJ that are warning publishers about removal from the entire network due to lack of conversions. I've been contacted by publishers getting these trying to find out ways to stay on.

Getting an e-mail about removal from a particular program is something else. As an OPM I also monitor EPC's and conversion rates and will reach out to worthwhile publishers to get conversions back up and try to see if there's a way to activate some of these low-converting guys.

Threatening removal seems to be a bad practice, but it could be that the merchant feels it's the best way to get responses. It's unfortunate, but sometimes true that the negative communication will generate a higher response-rate.
    [B]Gen3 Marketing[/B]

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread