Brand Logo on Affiliate Site
    Hi,
    I have been doing affiliate marketing for 8 years but never actually bothered to look if its okay to display logo of the brand who's product I am promoting.
    I have been displaying both the brand and merchants logos side by side on promotion page. But can a brand object on that? Most terms and conditions I have read does not cover this, it simply states your promotional method should not infringe trademarks of brand owners. Can using brand logo be considered infringement ? I have noticed that major comparison shopping websites do not display brand logo, so it made me a little worried.

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    If the company gives you the marketing tools to do so then you can do so, if you copy paste their logo from somewhere then you can get ..well, in trouble
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia from DNP View Post
    If the company gives you the marketing tools to do so then you can do so, if you copy paste their logo from somewhere then you can get ..well, in trouble
    Nabz I agree with Yulia on this. As an example, I also run offers and have 88X31 microbanners listed to the side of the offer. I pick up the code for those banners within the network interface and if they don't have one I request it. I never copy a logo directly from the merchant site, since most terms have verbiage protecting their works (and that would include images, written information, etc.)

ABW Ambassador
    I also only use merhchants' banners within the network interface. Some merchants go as far to ask affiliates to dispaly their name exact as they provide. I will definitely not to copy and paste their logos onto my site before I check with them first.

6. Thanks From:

I agree, would definitely ask them first. I know quite a while back one merchant I had wanted to place some images of their products on my site since they didn't have any product links at the time so I asked them. Got a definite no as an answer. Have learned that not all merchants are the same at all regarding what you can and can't do. Some programs I know do have banners featuring different brand they have so is very possible they wouldn't object to what you want to do but I'd definitely ask them first just to be safe.

8. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If its a banner from their program then yes you can use it. As bibby said 88x31 are generally branding banners for category pages. I always allow affiliates to use any images from the merchants site as long as its purposed to the merchant. When in question it takes a minute to ask.

10. Thanks From:

The Merchant in question have contacted me many times to make some changes to pages like removing "low price" text, brand logos are displayed on those pages but they never objected on them. I think to be on safe side, I will ask the affiliate manager.

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread