Something I have been wondering about!

Top 5 Browsers for December 2011 according to StatCounter:

• 38.65% Internet Explorer (declining)
    • 27.27% Chrome (increasing)
    • 25.27% FireFox (declining)
    • 6.08% Safari (increasing)
    • 1.92% Opera (flat line)

2. Thanks From:

I now use Google Chrome for most of my browsing. It's faster and more reliable than IE in most cases. That's been my experience.

Thanks for sharing that Chuck. I've been using Chrome mostly these days. Especially like the ability to translate pages.
    Matt Faloon
    Affiliate Development
    mfaloon-at-groupon.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have used FireFox since hearing about it on ABW in 2005 and love it. Was having trouble with it and Gmail so I downloaded Opera. Opera is touted as the fastest browser and worked well. I started having trouble with Gcalendar and it finally became difficult to use. I like to run email in a separate browser so I can easily switch to it while a site is loading or a report running.

Last night my 19 year old son was installing Chrome on why wife's computer as her IE was constanly hanging up. I installed Chrome this morning for email figuring that Gmail would sing with it. Have been pleasantly surprised. I last ran Chrome 3 years ago but ditched it as it screwed with FireFox. Let's see if they can play well together.

I've been Chrome only for a couple of years now. Glad to see its popularity is on the rise.

I have been using Firefox for some time and it works quite well the exception being when I updated to the latest version then loaded the latest version of SEO Quake. Result disaster and I am no longer able to use Quake.

Thanks all for the comments I will try Chrome see how it goes.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

Bare bones Chrome takes twice as long to load pages as my much loaded up FF. Also, Chrome either will not let me scroll down until the page is fully loaded or it will let me, but shoot back to the top when its done loading. Completely unacceptable to me. I will not use it.
    Last edited by bobby131313; January 13th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

9. Thanks From:

I used FireFox for several years and really miss the FireBug plug-in. It's not available on Chrome.

Started using Chrome almost exclusively about a year ago now. It's uniformly faster than IE (of course, clay tablets and a stylus are faster than IE), Firefox, Safari, Opera, any others I've tried on any computers I've ever had.

Really like(d) Firefox, but once I got used to Chrome, I haven't missed any of the plugin functionality I used to have with FF.

Only irritation with Chrome is our local newspaper website (yeah, I do read newspapers still). They keep telling me they'll make it Chrome-friendlier so I can pay my paper bill online. As for now, Firefox works for that but not Chrome.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313 View Post
    Bare bones Chrome takes twice as long to load pages as my much loaded up FF. Also, Chrome either will not let me scroll down until the page is fully loaded or it will let me, but shoot back to the top when its done loading. Completely unacceptable to me. I will not use it.
    Fortunately isn't the case for myself! FF ended up being a much bigger resource hog for me (even with my incredibly beefed up home computer). When was the last time you had used it?
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Now that I have used Chrome for a full day I am seeing issues with large images and videos as part of the page content.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    In Chrome you're selling your soul to the Google. Or, at the least, sharing everything you do with them.

So why does that matter? Because when the Google mines data - they really use it and keep it forever.

But hey, that's just me...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

15. Thanks From:

I agree and can see it with the targeted ads for Gmail. For me its the lesser or two evils, my email loads faster. I hate Gdoc and don't use it. Also my calendar started hanging up. I do believe that Google watches your actions then messes with things to their advantage.

Interesting. Inspired me to check my own analytics for December 2011. It's a bit different though because it includes Mobile and other devices (lumped together, but then broken down).

IE is #1 with 30.3% (and apparently that includes 1 user reportedly running IE 10)
    Mobile devices #2 with 24.9% (with the vast majority being Safari Mobile 4.0 - 6.0)
    Firefox #3 with 18.6%
    Chrome #4 with 16.3%
    Safari #5 with 9.5%
    Opera #6 with .3%
    Consoles #7 with .1%
    and Mozilla and Konqueror used, but too low to rank.

I'm guessing in my case Safari is higher because Macs are significantly used by the company I focus on, though they come through on multiple OSes/browsers/

Outsourced Program Manager Ross Yamashita's Avatar
    I actually use both and have quirks with both of them but like them both the same. Hopefully Chrome will catch up with extensions. I'm sure that will come with time.
    [URL="http://www.thelocalsearchgurus.com"]The Local Search Gurus[/URL] | Affiliate Network

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    In Chrome you're selling your soul to the Google. Or, at the least, sharing everything you do with them.

So why does that matter? Because when the Google mines data - they really use it and keep it forever.

But hey, that's just me...
    Not just you that my thoughts/concerns as well. I love Chrome but I have concerns about them keeping tabs of temp url that I do not want indexed. I gone back to IE on my new workstation.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    I have been an IE user since day one. Never feel a need to switch to anything else. I'm always wondering what's the reasons for people to switch to other browsers, faster? more secure? IE seems doing a fine job for me thus far.

21. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    I'm always wondering what's the reasons for people to switch to other browsers, faster? more secure? IE seems doing a fine job for me thus far.
    Switched from IE to Safari when Microsoft stopped supporting/updating IE for Mac. Liked Safari but many sites such as GAN and MSNAdCenter do not function properly (or at all) on Safari, so now I use FF primarily, occasionally Safari.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

A colleague recently installed Google Earth and, unknowingly, simultaneously installed Chrome.

He deleted Chrome only to discover that all email hyperlinks ceased to work. He tells me that Chrome does this if it is deleted?

Anyone share this experience?
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

Hay Guys, I'm an ex IE user, and I've been using Firefox for about two year now. And been honest can't see myself switching anytime soon.

Chrome all the way
    My answer is Chrome all the way...with great plugins and extensions, it is worth the increase!

DON’T ADD SPAM TO THE FORUMS!

using chrome for personal use and firefox for webdesign

I'm thoroughly surprised as to how much foothold chrome has obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanleggett View Post
    using chrome for personal use and firefox for webdesign
    Why firefox?

Both FireFox and Chrome. I do a lot of web stuff, so Chrome's developer tools is a life saver. Firefox has some neat plug-ins, but Chrome is more lightweight and easy to use. Not too happy that some of my development tools aren't working in the latest version of Firefox...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast