Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Best Network in the World
    I just received a new installment of the mthink Revenue Performance newsletter.

In this edition, mthink releases the Blue book of the best affiliate networks in the world and I was shocked at the results.

mthink says "these rankings are derived from our biggest ever survey of affiliates, publishers, advertisers and agencies. The results represent the combined opinions of thousands of individuals with over 100,000 responses analyzed and weighted for enthusiasm, reputation and influence."

So here are the top 4 from their survey:
    1) Linkshare
    2) CJ
    3) Share A Sale
    4) Amazon Associates

Surprisingly Avantlink was only rated 7th.

I can tell you that the top 4 aren't my top 4.
    Last edited by bibby; January 14th, 2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Grammar

Shareasale shouldn't even be in a top 100 list until they start verifying and requiring that merchants have tracking mechanisms in place on their sites in order for their links to remain live on the network.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

3. Thanks From:
    kse

Seriously LinkShare on #1 , Never on my list.

5. Thanks From:

Very surprised to see LinkShare as #1. I've all but stopped working with them. Congrats to the other 3.

Don't like Linkshare at all, but agree with the other three, in a different order. I would throw buy.at into the mix to round out my top 4.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
    Don't like Linkshare at all, but agree with the other three, in a different order. I would throw buy.at into the mix to round out my top 4.
    AffiliateWindow/Buy.at was ranked #9.

Here's more of the top networks:
    #5 OneNetworkDirect
    #6 ClickBank
    #7 Avantlink
    # 8 GAN - They wouldn't make my top 50
    #9 Buy.at
    #10 RevenueWire
    Last edited by bibby; January 14th, 2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    Seriously LinkShare on #1 , Never on my list.
    I was shocked by that as well.

From the merchant point of view I could see Linkshare, CJ and even GAN on top.

From my point of view (affiliate) I would put CJ #1 and if SAS would fix up their "Temp Offline" I would rank them #2 and not #4 in my books
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Linkshare #1?! Wow!! Haven't used them in 3 years -- although I occasionally log in to think about trying again.

Glad Avantlink didn't make the top 5.

As for GAN, no comment.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, Linkshare #1 is funny.

"Avantlink is an unprofessional and unethical affiliate network - Beware"

What happened there? Tried looking at some of your past posts, didn't see anything addressing that.

14. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Who were you quoting, Trust? Someone's post get deleted/edited?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Who were you quoting, Trust? Someone's post get deleted/edited?
    OTProf's sig line
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

17. Thanks From:

I most be missing something I though people here liked "Avantlink", I have an account but currently do not use them since most of their merchants I would promote are on CJ and other networks I currently get monthly payments from.

So what wrong with Avantlink?? Is their a thread I missed??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

19. Thanks From:

My question is the same as kse: What's wrong with Avantlink? Is there a thread I missed, too?

I've been using Avantlink for several years and prefer many of their tools to anything I can find on CJ. I've never had a problem with the network, nor any of their merchants.

What's the reason you put a note warning about them in your sig file, OTProf?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

21. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    To quote George Carlin, "It's a mystery".

As the almanac people say: Information, Please!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador

I'm curious about this quote as well. If there is a reason, would you mind to share?

24. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post

What happened there? Tried looking at some of your past posts, didn't see anything addressing that.
    It will come, for sure.

But I may take weeks and weeks to do so as they seem to take on critical issues.... but a detailed account will come.

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf View Post
    It will come, for sure.

But I may take weeks and weeks to do so as they seem to take on critical issues.... but a detailed account will come.
    I think if you're going to have a sig like this here, you owe it to the membership to explain your reasons for it. You're making a very serious accusation.

Many of us are happy with the network and love their tools. Gary from Avantlink has seemed responsive to my questions in the past and here on ABW.

So please explain your sig and your accusation!

If we have to wait weeks and weeks for an explanation, then why not remove the sig until a later time or why not post something at that time?
    Last edited by bibby; January 14th, 2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I agree, remove the signature unless you can be transparent in your accusation. You have already called then out in this thread now you are bordering on slander.

28. Thanks From:

Mods can remove the signature if you don't.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Let's give OTProf some time to explain the signature there must be a reason for this, I would think that ABW members would be better of knowing the concerns then just covering this up.

Just my 2 cents...........

31. Thanks From:

OTProf's signature has been removed by me. He is welcome to present his case against AvantLink in his own time and his statement stands in the thread.

33. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    OTProf's signature has been removed by me. He is welcome to present his case against AvantLink in his own time and his statement stands in the thread.
    As I said, my approach was intentional and intended to mimic the actions of Avantlink -- viz.

Strong Statement: AVANTLINK IS AN UNETHICAL & UNPROFESSIONAL NETWORK - BEWARE

Then.... weeks & weeks of silence and non response while said strong statement stands and does damage.

I've chewed on how to handle my contention for roughly 10 months and decided on this approach to make a point, so this was no hasty decision. This thread topic happened to be ideal place to begin to make my point.

I do understand the backlash from some for sure. I am mixed on my feelings on the sig removal however, especially without the courtesy of a PM ahead of time to at least probe what in tarnation I might be doing.

Oh well. At some point I will detail the petty lying and inaccuracies (hence, unethical) as well as power/authority abuse at Avantlink.com because there is not an organizational structure at Avantlink that enables checks and balances (hence unprofessional), but my hope had been to mimic the actions and approach of Avantlink. I have a major project due in early March so it won't come before then.

OTProf if you want to take your argument to the Inner Circle for both AvantLink and your signature removal that would be appropriate. Once its vetted there we can discuss next steps. I will contact you via PM for any private conversation you want to have with me or the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf View Post
    As I said, my approach was intentional and intended to mimic the actions of Avantlink -- viz.

Strong Statement: AVANTLINK IS AN UNETHICAL & UNPROFESSIONAL NETWORK - BEWARE

Then.... weeks & weeks of silence and non response while said strong statement stands and does damage.

I've chewed on how to handle my contention for roughly 10 months and decided on this approach to make a point, so this was no hasty decision. This thread topic happened to be ideal place to begin to make my point.

I do understand the backlash from some for sure. I am mixed on my feelings on the sig removal however, especially without the courtesy of a PM ahead of time to at least probe what in tarnation I might be doing.

Oh well. At some point I will detail the petty lying and inaccuracies (hence, unethical) as well as power/authority abuse at Avantlink.com because there is not an organizational structure at Avantlink that enables checks and balances (hence unprofessional), but my hope had been to mimic the actions and approach of Avantlink. I have a major project due in early March so it won't come before then.
    If you not willing to backup your signature right now maybe you should not have made the statment at this time. I fully agree with the actions of mods/admins to remove your signature hell I would even remove your post if you not willing to make your case.

Kevin........

37. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast