You all must have heard of Corey Rudl [www.marketingtips.com]. He is one of the biggest names in Internet Marketing. His success has been due to the fact that he has thousands of affiliates marketing his products for him.

I am also an affiliate and made a shocking discovery recently. He is scamming his affiliates out of their commission by having his own Affiliate code placed all over his own website and in the pop-up offer when you exit his page.

The only way to earn a commission is if the visitor buys immediately which is very unlikely. The visitor is likely to check around his site before spending any money.

Please check for yourself. If you delete your cookies(in case you have already been referred by one of his affiliate) and right click on one of his links (Step 1,2,3 at top of his page), you will see his own affiliate code in your status bar. If you just pass your mouse over the same link, you will see a disguised url in your status bar.

I am sure his other affiliates would find this interesting.

What are your thoughts?

ABW Ambassador
    IMHO, the whole Corey Rudl thing is a SCAM. He never was even a name in Internet marketing and never will be with his scam tips.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KCEdit:
    IMHO, the whole Corey Rudl thing is a SCAM. He never was even a name in Internet marketing and never will be with his scam tips.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree,,,, do you realize that most of the so called "gurus" are really self promoters... most of the junk they produce has one goal... to put money in their pockets... very little of it contains useful information just because someone doesnt want the limelight doesnt mean the are a scam.

Having said that... I am not suprised Corey's website is over writing cookies...

I have been affilites since the begining of his program... I have sent hunderds of clicks to his site.. with one sale.

Infact my stats show that I have never sent less then 10 clicks in any month
    since I started... these are target clicks.. from my "business website"

we are talking 8 years of clicks..

now for the kicker... My wife bought his newest book as a christmas present for me... ever since at least once a week someone from his company calls trying to sell "upsell" her something else.... the only reason she gave a phone number was because it was required information to pay by CC.

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Hi Messy04,

The "gurus" are the ones who are too busy earning money for themselves to muck around with earning it for others.

If you want to find real gurus you need to hang out at Abestweb and a tiny handful of other places in order to catch the real pearls of wisdom.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I and others outted the info peddling scammer 5 years ago in multiple formums for cheating affiliates and spam. See he's still up to old tired tricks firmly grasping the concept a sucker is born every minute. Google his butt and get past his spammy SE tactics and you'll see he's the target on many forums.

LOL ..invite his trolling butt to ABW and take bets as to whether he'll try to defend his actions.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Rudl, everytime I hear or see that name I think poor souls!

It's not "internet marketing" it's MLM on a T1! Geez!

Run, run, run and hold your wallets and purses I say!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

I got suckered into buying one of his kits about a year or so ago . It now sits, completely unused, on the table next to the rest of the junk I need to throw away. His "tips" are nothing more then common sense items, and as Dynamoo said, you find the real stuff here. I'm so glad when I got referred to this site; now I get real and useful information .

Thanks to all the gurus here who help those of us that are still learning - my hat is off to you.

Have a great one!

Mike

"Coward: One who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs." - Ambrose Bierce, American writer.

Why do people fall for such sucker-ad nonsense?

I can only speak for myself, but in my case it wasn't all that hard to fall for it. I was just really starting out on trying to do business on the Internet. I got referred to him by somebody; one of those "Hey, I did great, so can you..." type ads. His hype was well written and it sounded real good. So, as the old saying goes, the rest is history.

I look back now and feel pretty stupid about it, but it was a valuable lesson for me. Now I do much more research and listen to people with experience - like the people here - before I put my money down on anything. I did learn some stuff from him, but not enough to cover what I paid for it.

Mike

"Coward: One who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs." - Ambrose Bierce, American writer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    The "gurus" are the ones who are too busy earning money for themselves to muck around with earning it for others.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh how true ...

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

ABW Ambassador
    The first "guru" I was introduced to was Declan Dunn . . . he got me to the tune of $550 back in '96 . . . that's all I needed to know all these self-touters are worthless.

IF any of them were any freakin good at all, don't you think at least ONE of the bastards would have shown up here to defend themselves?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Entreprenuer is French for a person who cannot hold a job~!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KCEdit:
    IMHO, the whole Corey Rudl thing is a SCAM. He never was even a name in Internet marketing and never will be with his scam tips. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't say I knew much about Rudl 'till I got
    here. However, I always felt like there was a
    bit too much flash...like fool's gold!This is very interesting!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Our Newbee guide guy at least see these snake oil info peddlers all live by the truism... a sucker is born every minute.

Welcome and as a newbee you are forgiven mis-spelling your own domain name...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I purchased a small eBook from Cori about 10 months ago. I've also had 1-2 emails a week. He even used his rescent marrage as a money making opportunity. Bad taste or what!

R

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread