Is it that easy to create an affiliate network?
    Hi, everyone.

I'm completely new to the affiliate marketing, but I do use 2-3 cashback websites when I purchase online. Lately, I was doing some more research on cashback and stuffs, and I was shocked by how many more options there are compared to before. Not only there are tons of cashback websites, there are toolbar affiliates, firefox-addon affiliates, and more.

I know there are 5-6 major affiliate networks including CJ, shareasale, etc. My question is are all these companies creating their own networks or working with these existing networks? I'm assuming the latter since there simply are too many affiliate programs (price comparison, toolbar, cashback, credit card points back, etc.) meaning they aren't individually contacting merchants to create a connection. But when I see major cashback websites like fatwallet.com or others, I could also see them creating their own affiliate networks.

Do most of the programs use one of the 5 major affiliate networks or are they setting up their own networks?

I'm sorry for being inquisitive but curiosity just took when I found so many websites and programs utilizing affiliate marketing.

Thank you,

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    But when I see major cashback websites like fatwallet.com or others, I could also see them creating their own affiliate networks.
    What affiliate network has FatWallet created?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mujakwi View Post
    Do most of the programs use one of the 5 major affiliate networks or are they setting up their own networks?
    If, by programs, you mean affiliates and/or affiliate websites: they mainly use the existing affiliate networks. Do not know of any affiliate websites that have created an affiliate "network" as in the 5 major ones you mentioned.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread