Hello,
    I signed up as an affiliate for a program called HouseValues.Com during the week of November 7th. I was approved as an affiliate and after posting the company’s link on my website I began recording leads on 11/13. I recorded leads for the program from the 13th through the 22nd of the month. Since them I have not recorded one single lead. I attributed this drop off to be the result of the Thanksgiving holiday, but as time goes on I’m finding that harder and harder to believe. Today, I went to my site and clicked on the affiliate link and submitted a fictitious name and email address to see if the entry would be counted as a lead. The fictitious lead was not recorded. While submitting the fictitious info, I noticed a brief flash to another webpage after I clicked on the send button. The flash of the webpage was so brief that I could not make out anything on the page.

I am wondering if my leads and commissions are being hijacked to someone else? Is this possible and if it is, what can I do to get my affiliate link back?

Thanks,
    Greg

just a personal opinion: the problem could be outside your machine but could also be inside -- you have to know your computer is free from adware and such, especially if you have a teenager in the house.

Thanks Herb,
    I'm the only one who uses my computer, so I'm more inclinded to think that it is an external problem rather than an internal one...

might not be merchant fraud. there are those who are more versed in situations like that you describe who hang out in the midnight cafe here. however, it is sometimes better to PM them privately with your suspicions so the evidence doesn't suddenly disappear.

AFP aka Ms. B immediately comes to mind; if she has time she might be able to get more evidence.

Thanks for your help....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:
    just a personal opinion: the problem could be outside your machine but could also be inside -- you have to know your computer is free from adware and such, especially if you have a teenager in the house. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adware and spyware? How can those steal our commissions? I'm a newbie so be nice to me.

Real stealthy adware can actually change links on pages (as cheesy as that is, I really get impressed with some of that stuff) but that would only be on the machine that has the adware.

My suggestion ... contact the merchant. I hate to say it but "shit happens" and you could be making a big deal out of nothing. Contact them ... if you don't get the answer you like, move on. There are a ton of great programs out there.

BF

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread