Affiliate
    Smile Question on CJ coupon codes and product feeds?
    Hey guys, figured I'd start with what may be a newbie question but I'm hoping someone can help me as I can not figure this one out:

I was looking on the home page of Slickdeals today and they have a Newegg coupon code for the Pioneer VSX-1021-K 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver for $299.99 with free shipping, using code [removed].

We currently have a coupon feed from FMTC and I do not see this code listed, so it is not appearing on our site. I decided to check in CJ for this coupon code and do not see this listed as a coupon for Newegg either.

However, when I searched the CJ product catalog for this product and clicked on it, this coupon code does appear under the "Promotional Text" field.

So, my question is, if this is not appearing as a coupon, how would one know that it even existed? Am I missing something here or is this a standard occurrence.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; January 17th, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: removed coupon code

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    It may be an exclusive coupon code only for that affiliate. Why aren't you asking the affiliate manager?

Affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    It may be an exclusive coupon code only for that affiliate. Why aren't you asking the affiliate manager?
    Hey Chuck, I thought that too, but can see the code under "Promotional Info," so it appears to be generally available.

When you say "affiliate manager," I assume you mean the vendor contact? (Still new to this and have not made the personal connections yet - it's all be automated setup, etc.)

Thanks.

many merchants are actually very restrictive when it comes to which coupons you can list as an affiliate. ive mostly seen them explicitly banning you from offering coupons/discounts that don't come through the program

As Chuck said, contact the affiliate manager. Every program in CJ has a contact and email so you can send a message to the program contact. Also, under the mail tab, you can compose a message and send it to your particular program and that message will be sent to the program contact.

I also agree with bradk. Many programs have restrictive terms about posting coupons and state you can only post links/coupons from the affiliate interface. This is true, even if the merchant's site is offering a deal not posted in the affiliate interface.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; January 17th, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Did anybody read the OP's post? He found that the coupon code is listed in the product feed's descriptive text, but not listed as a standalone coupon/offer. He's wondering if it's normal for a merchant to be this lackadaisical in the way they distribute coupon offers.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Seems like a question for an affiliate, davidh?

Affiliate
    Thanks for the insight. I'm learning more everyday. I'll be sure and email the affiliate manager.

Thanks again.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread