What kind of website do I need for Affiliate Marketing?
    I am new to this whole thing of building a website, becominng an affiliate and social media marketing all together. I know there is money to be made doing this, but my problem is what to even build a website about. I don't know how to or what to blog about. Can I just build a website with links to items or sites for marketing? Just asking for the first steps and very basic information in getting started. Any websites, forums, books, and or help sites that you can suggest would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Nabz; January 17th, 2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Font size too large.

Affiliate Manager Government Auctions AM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
    Can I just build a website with links to items or sites for marketing?
    I would highly recommend NOT doing this. This kind of site is what we like to call a banner farm.

The first step in figuring out what kind of site you want to build is RESEARCH. Find out the kind of stuff that interests you. Research to see the competition in that category and analyze the potential and opportunity. Essentially find your niche and work your butt off in order to build around it so that you ultimately one day can perhaps become number one in that specific niche. This will take an unprecedented amount of hard work, time and patience. Good luck!
    Steven Shnayder
    [B][URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org"]GovernmentAuctions.orgŪ[/URL][/B]
    Join us on [URL="https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2932365"]CJ[/URL] [URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=10834"]SAS[/URL] [URL="http://www.governmentauctions.org/home/partners.asp"]ClickBank[/URL] [URL="http://twitter.com/GAORGAFFILIATES"]@GAorgAffiliates[/URL]

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Government Auctions AM View Post
    I would highly recommend NOT doing this. This kind of site is what we like to call a banner farm.

The first step in figuring out what kind of site you want to build is RESEARCH. Find out the kind of stuff that interests you. Research to see the competition in that category and analyze the potential and opportunity. Essentially find your niche and work your butt off in order to build around it so that you ultimately one day can perhaps become number one in that specific niche. This will take an unprecedented amount of hard work, time and patience. Good luck!
    Thank you Olga. I appreciate it very much.

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
    I am new to this whole thing of building a website, becominng an affiliate and social media marketing all together. I know there is money to be made doing this, but my problem is what to even build a website about. I don't know how to or what to blog about. Can I just build a website with links to items or sites for marketing? Just asking for the first steps and very basic information in getting started. Any websites, forums, books, and or help sites that you can suggest would be appreciated.
    There is a question you need to solve:

Should you be a small fish in a large pool or a big fish in a small pool and there is no definitive answer. Choose a popular product and there is a huge market but equally huge competition whilst with a small niche product there may not be much demand but also very little competition.

My I suggest that you start with a product in which you have an interest, something you can comfortably create content for on your site. This could make your entry into AM a little easier.

Best of luck
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

Hay all,

Yeah I have to agree with you guys. A Banner Farm - A deffinate NO NO and chosing a product or area that your interested in or have some insight on is ideal for beginners. Simply because you'll find it much easier to write about and will also help you to retain interest (especially if you hit a road block along the way).

In regards to actually creating the site itself, Wordpress is a great free platform to use, and you could go along the lines of a simple review site just to get you up and running. And as you learn more and progress you can build even bigger more authorative sites.

Best of luck anyways...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread