Hey everybody, I wanted to introduce myself to all of my Commission Junction folks on A Best Web. My name is Darnel Moore, and i'm an affiliate program manager for MLB.com Shop. I've heard so many good things about the forums and the people at this site, so when you have a chance, give me a shout and let me know what you think of our program, if you've heard of it, and how we can establish relationships with cats on this site that had absolutely no idea we even existed within CJ. Thanks and look forward to chatting with ya!

Peace
    Darnel Moore
    MLB.com Shop
    affiliates@mlb.com
    darnel.moore@mlb.com

Darnel,

Welcome Aboard! Glad you found us.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

15 years and counting
    Hi Darnel, Welcome.
    That's the place to tell us what we can do to improve our sales with MLB. I'm sure I could do better with your help.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome Darnel. Hopefully you'll learn whatever Global Sports does ...do the opposite. Long cookie days ..converting landing pages and no parasites makes us happy promotion partners.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Thanks for the replies, this relationship is MUTUAL and anything that we can do, or any feedback or questions you have regarding MLB.com Shop, please feel free to give me a holler.

I just looked at your requirements, and it looks like you wouldn't accept me.

1. Your website has receives at a minimum 200,000 unique visitors per day. (nope)

2. Your website banners and buttons generate between a 5% to 8% click through rate. (what banners and buttons?)

3. Your website has the ability to deliver high caliber leads online that convert to substantial revenue. (yes)

4. Your website features content suitable for all ages and is consistent with high ethical, moral and commercial standards. (yes)

5. Your website has been operational online for longer than 6 months. (nope)

6. Your website is completely functional (i.e., it is not under construction). (yes)

Hey Darnel,
    Too many popups on your site, counting your own little info popups I had foour total. Do we get commission on selling tickets, everything on the site?

quote:

2. Your website banners and buttons generate between a 5% to 8% click through rate.

LOL - I doubt if a banner or button offering free baseball tickets to baseball fans on a baseball site would get 5-8% clickthrough these days.

Are you Crazy?

Miss Donna -

First, whats up whats going on?

Second, we are in the process of making revisions to the pages on the site. Those questions were originally put in place to help us weed through the millions of applications we initially received.

Please dont hold it against me! -

Darnel

quote:
    Originally posted by missdonna:
    I just looked at your requirements, and it looks like you wouldn't accept me.

1. Your website has receives at a minimum 200,000 unique visitors per day. (nope)

2. Your website banners and buttons generate between a 5% to 8% click through rate. (what banners and buttons?)

3. Your website has the ability to deliver high caliber leads online that convert to substantial revenue. (yes)

4. Your website features content suitable for all ages and is consistent with high ethical, moral and commercial standards. (yes)

5. Your website has been operational online for longer than 6 months. (nope)

6. Your website is completely functional (i.e., it is not under construction). (yes)

Crazy Guy -

How are you doing? How's everything going?

We are in the process of making revisions to the affiliate pages...please dont burn me at the stake for those questions!

Darnel
    quote:
    Originally posted by CrazyGuy™:
    quote:

2. Your website banners and buttons generate between a 5% to 8% click through rate.

LOL - I doubt if a banner or button offering free baseball tickets to baseball fans on a baseball site would get 5-8% clickthrough these days.

Are you Crazy?

QBall -

Commissions only come from items sold within MLB.com Shop. We have a number of affiliates who are getting nice checks from us for placement of our shop banners. Please let me know if you'd be interested in joining the program.

Peace,
    Darnel

quote:
    Originally posted by qball©:
    Hey Darnel,
    Too many popups on your site, counting your own little info popups I had foour total. Do we get commission on selling tickets, everything on the site?

Darnel,

Sent you a PM, welcome to the site bro.

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com

Hello Darnel, glad you found our forum. Yes everyone, MLB.com is one of the best merchants out there. I have never had 1 reversal with them, check out thier charge-back.

However, that being said.....you posting here reminded me of some emails we exchanged in October. I was during the time your commission dropped to 5% for about a week. I'd just started with you then and you promised to credit me at 9% for those trxns. I am still waiting

And I also emailed you a very eloquent letter about your association with Ebates and I never even got a reply about that one. We'd all love to hear your opinion on Ebates.

Oh, and welcome to ABW!

ps. I was singing your praises in December: Here

ABW Ambassador
    What's up? How's everything going?

Went to CJ today to check out some links for my BASEBALL FAN site, on which I sell BASEBALL-RELATED MERCHANDISE to BASEBALL FANS.

Lo and behold, what do I see? A hand in the face, directed at me!

Guess I'll just keep on sellin' OTHER merchant's BASEBALL stuff to the BASEBALL FANS.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Hey,

My apologies on the rejection! I'm usually not in the habit of shutting potential publishers down for the heck of it, its usually for a number of reasons i'd be more than willing to discuss with you...i'm going to start another thread for MLB.com Shop to get any and all opinions from everyone on what we could be doing to offer you and any other publisher's out there more value. Please send me an email and I have no problem reviewing your site again and letting you know what I think.

Take care and look forward to hearing back from you.

Peace,
    Darnel

quote:
    Originally posted by Deelz:
    What's up? How's everything going?

Went to CJ today to check out some links for my BASEBALL FAN site, on which I sell BASEBALL-RELATED MERCHANDISE to BASEBALL FANS.

Lo and behold, what do I see? A hand in the face, directed at me! http://cool-body-jewelry.com/rej.gif

Guess I'll just keep on sellin' OTHER merchant's BASEBALL stuff to the BASEBALL FANS.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread