Minor absence - back now..
    I'm sure it wasn't noticed, but for me, bring away for ABW for more than a week feels like a months!

Really enjoyed Affiliate Summit in Vegas, and while it was VERY overwhelming (who knew 5,000 people actually do what I do??), it was fantastic meeting a few folks. Chuck, I'm glad I stopped you in the hallway when you were purposefully striding by, and Matt, it was great chatting to you in the meet market! I sometimes forget that I don't actually know many people here in real life, but that seems to be changing.

There are lots of threads here about the benefit of Affiliate Summit, and if I can add one more - it's very motivating to see what a MAJOR industry this has become. I felt quite proud to be there (confess I was a little hesitant going in on my own, despite the moral support of programmer fella who was with me on the trip).

The day after I returned from the Summit, we received sad news that my uncle passed away suddenly, in his sleep - he was a grand 88 years old, a proper gentleman who took daily walks, played pool and poker at his retirement residence, and always enjoyed hearing about my websites! He was reading the Steve Jobs book I gave him over Christmas.. and was a very important part of my life (also lived nearby).

Google also decided to move my site down in the rankings last week (to add insult to injury), so I've stayed quiet just collecting thoughts about work, and life... it has been a sad time, but it's in perspective.

I decided today was the day to get back to my online world of ABW, sharing the ups and downs of being an affiliate with others, and zapping spam along the way.

Hope everyone has had a productive couple of weeks, and if I can figure out what caused my latest google rankings, I will try to share!
    Last edited by teezone; January 20th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, but I'm glad to see you back. Lotsa luck trying to figure out Google.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

We really DID miss you! Glad to have you back and glad to hear you enjoyed summit. superCool never realized you were such a snob until you ignored him several times!!

So sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds like you had a great relationship with him and he enjoyed his life.

Good luck with the google

OK, the chances of figuring out Google are slim to none, but I will put together a helpful checklist.. I've gone through this enough times, it might help someone else.

Thanks for the kind words about my uncle, he was very interested in "this internet business", as he called it

And superCool, please tell me you're joking.. other than stopping Chuck in his tracks (who could have easily knocked me over!), and getting a hug from Matt, I didn't think I knew anyone else at the Meet Market. Of course, I may have been spotted sitting at the bar at Caesar's with the programmer fella watching the football game shortly thereafter.. I saw lots of Summit badges in there!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Theresa I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle.

I am so glad that you stopped me in the hall as I didn't cross paths with you again the rest of the show. I spent all of my time at the Meet Market and the booths as well as the New Comers mixer. Weird how many people I talked to and how many I missed. Next time I am going to setup drinks with the mods so we can talk at length. I owe you one!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, Teezone, and welcome back.
    I too have mix feelings about G. Sometime it scares me that our livelihood depends so much on G . That's why I've always wish Bing or other search engines could be more competitive with G someday...

7. Thanks From:

Am very, very sorry teezone about your Uncle. Definitely sounds like he had a very good life. Please try to take comfort knowing that and that he passed in his sleep without pain or suffering. Am sure he was very proud of you and you were a big joy in his life

Very sorry about your site and Google from having read a lot of your posts, am betting you'll figure out what happened or why and get things back where they should be.

and psssssst definitely agree about Google (whispering very quietly in fear they'll hear me and something bad will happen. ) wish they did have more competition then maybe we wouldn't all fear them as much as we do and we'd be able to just go on with our lives and not worry so much about what they're going to do next.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. glad you didn't stay away long and it's good to have you back!

Hey, welcome back ! Sorry for your loss - I'm sure that we are all here for support.

Thanks everyone, for your kind words, they mean a lot..

This forum has become an important part of my day, and it's nice to be able to share..
    having read a lot of your posts, am betting you'll figure out what happened or why and get things back where they should be
    Purplebear, you sound like everyone else in my life! I'm never sure why this stuff happens with Google (would be nice to pinpoint a change that triggered a drop), but friends & family have heard the same story from me a few times over.. and things eventually do bounce back after weeks of hard work.

There are always some tweaks that can improve a site and I'll put together a new thread shortly. Hopefully this latest exercise might help others.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread