Planning out my Road Map..help
    Hello all,
    First let me explain where I am at, then why Im posting.

I am working on a educational resource for individuals who are looking for more information on sports supplements, specifically protein powders.

Here is why im posting:

I have just started the website the other day, and decided I needed to slow down and do some more planning. so far, My goal is to provide readers with all the information on what they might be looking for, reviews on specific products, then suggest reliable companies that sell these products. I have found a couple of companies that I have personalty used before that offer an affiliate program.

My question is where should I go from here. I know building the website should be number one, but should I wait till the site is 100% done and marketed before I start using any affiliate programs? If you had to give me a simple road map of the steps I should take from here, what would it be?

guess I might be thinking to far ahead of my self. But im trying to get a game plan down, and follow it.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; January 22nd, 2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Removed site reference

Welcome to ABW.

I'm not sure I understand your question - are you asking if your site should be complete before you add affiliate links?

Personally, I think you should be adding affiliate links as part of the site-building process.

It sounds like you have the process well in hand.. you have a niche you are familiar with, and a plan for unique content. I say go ahead and build your site, join the programs once you have enough to show the site exists (and has some content).. but certainly don't wait until it's 100% done & marketed. For most affiliates, a site is never finished anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Welcome to ABW.

I'm not sure I understand your question - are you asking if your site should be complete before you add affiliate links?

Personally, I think you should be adding affiliate links as part of the site-building process.

It sounds like you have the process well in hand.. you have a niche you are familiar with, and a plan for unique content. I say go ahead and build your site, join the programs once you have enough to show the site exists (and has some content).. but certainly don't wait until it's 100% done & marketed. For most affiliates, a site is never finished anyway..
    This was a big help thanks.
    I just keep second guessing my self if I am doing everything correctly or not. But what you said makes alot of sense, and im going to go by it. Do you or any one else have any more suggestions? I could use all the help i can get!

I just keep second guessing my self
    Ahhh yes... welcome to the world of affiliate marketing!

Second-guessing is to be expected - a website isn't like a store, where you can see people walk in.. which rack they gravitate to, what products they like better than others. The best you can do is analyze your visitor stats, and hope it tells you where the site is performing, and where it needs some work. So don't forget that once you are ready to launch.

Also, I recommend you read through the forum - any issue you come across has probably been discussed already (just do a search and browse previous threads). But feel free to ask questions if you can't find the answer. As an affiliate myself, I spent plenty of time reading before I eventually participated on a regular basis. You will find this forum a valuable resource.

Good luck with your site!

Thanks all for the info!
    You gave me my confidence back!

I quickly went back and started redesigning the site. Think it looks alot better.
    However, im having a hard time figureing out what I want to put on the main page.

I dont want the site to look like im selling something, or like a kid made it. i want it to look professional and make some one want to stay.

Any suggestions on what I should add to the Home Page?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Feel free to post it to our review forum for member suggestions.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread