What is linkbuilding?
    What is linkbuilding?

Exactly what is says..

Building links to your own website.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Marianne Johnson View Post
    What is linkbuilding?
    An activity designed to waste valuable time attempting to improve a sites SE position by creating useless links to your sites content as opposed to actually creating good content that other sites want to link to.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Link building is a very important part of your traffic building efforts
    Dear Marianne,

There's a lot to link building and we could discuss it all day, but I'll try to give you a general idea and point you to a good resource where you'll be able to learn a lot about it.

Link building is the process of getting inbound "dofollow" links pointing to your site from other websites, so that Google can rate your site based on the quality of those links.

How do you get other sites to link to you?

You can join community networks like Red Gage or article sites like Hub Pages or Ezine Articles who provide "dofollow" links. These sites allow you to post your site's URL into your profile, as well as direct links to your site's pages from within the articles you contribute to those communities. Be sure to use relevant anchor text that includes your page's keywords. You can also join forums and blogs that are in your site's niche. Google rates relevant sites linking into your website as high quality, thereby increasing the value of your site. Again, ensure the forums and blogs you're participating on provide "dofollow" links and always add value to those communities by providing good content. Sites with "nofollow" links will not help your website with backlinking, b/c Google can not follow those links to your site. Becoming a guest blogger on a popular blog can do wonders both for your page rank and traffic.

This may sound a bit confusing, especially if you're just starting out, so here's a link to a guy that really knows his stuff and from whom I've learned a lot over the years: [ Removed Link ]

Before you get into link building, however, ensure your content is AWESOME! Providing excellent, useful and valuable content is by far the most important thing when it comes to building traffic.

Good luck with your website!

Martin
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; January 25th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Removed link

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    An activity designed to waste valuable time attempting to improve a sites SE position by creating useless links to your sites content as opposed to actually creating good content that other sites want to link to.

-rematt
    Exactly.

Great line. I hope you don't mind if I make use of it.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post

-rematt
    That could be the post of the year.

Closed - Spam Magnet.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread