SkinCareRx Lowers Referral Period From 45 Days to 1 Day
    I've been an affiliate of SkinCareRx for a few years now but I ended my affiliation today after they lowered their referral period from 45 days to 1 day.

I believe this is attempt for the merchant not to pay affiliates for sales they refer to them. This a ridiculous attempt at an affiliate program as far as I'm concerned.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I know the past AM Mike who has moved on and even asked if they were looking for an OPM. Will see if there is anyone at the helm!

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I know the past AM Mike who has moved on and even asked if they were looking for an OPM. Will see if there is anyone at the helm!
    Mike was a good AM. The current contact is listed as Sam Alexander.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    they lowered their referral period from 45 days to 1 day.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't notice their term change.

I got this email last week:

Dear Publisher,
    We thank you for your hard work and being an affiliate of Fringe Media. Sam Alexander is no longer with the company and the affiliate program is now under new management. Under the direction of this management, the updates described in this email will be made to the existing Fringe Media affiliate program immediately, affecting those under SkinCareRx, Apothica, SkinBotanica, and CosmeticMall. This email is to inform you of those updates.

To align itself better with industry standards and allow Fringe Media to analyze its affiliate traffic better, cookie duration will become one day and first credit will be given for all commissions. First credit, as described by Fringe Media, is the link or promotion that brought a visitor to the company's website. First credit will be given to Fringe Media in instances of Fringe Media marketing including, but not limited to, organic search engine traffic to a Fringe Media website, paid search engine traffic to a Fringe Media website, social media traffic due to a social media promotion from a Fringe Media website or profile, package inserts from a Fringe Media company, exclusive loyalty based coupons for a Fringe Media company or website, or email promotion from a Fringe Media company or website.

As a friendly reminder, publishers may promote a Fringe Media website through their own marketing efforts and through approved coupons and promotional codes that are provided exclusively through the affiliate program (found withing the SkinCareRx Interface). If you do not have an approved coupon or promotion code, please remove it immediately. We have seen an increase of loyalty-based coupon codes for certain brands posted lately which can only be displayed to customers who have purchased that certain brand from Fringe Media in the past. Because a publisher does not have customer order information, a publisher cannot segment these promotions correctly to stay in line with an agreement between Fringe Media and that certain brand. If a publisher continues to display non-approved coupon codes, that publisher will be removed from our program.

Thank you for your time and effort.

The Fringe Media Marketing Team
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; January 30th, 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Linked bating, hope you don't mind

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Lightbulb
    so industry standards equal screwing affiliates? I hope not.

ABW Ambassador
    I dropped them too. The change to a 1 day referral period made it a no-brainer.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I wonder if they hired one of my old clients to run the program. They went from 120 days to 30 days, after I left as affiliate manager they reduced to a session cookie. The reasoning was that they were getting all of their traffic from Google search and not the two dozen content sites they made into affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    I got this email last week:

Dear Publisher,
    To align itself better with industry standards
    Flat out wrong. Maybe they're analyzing monkeys in their industry but I just looked within CJ and every one of their competitors in their category except 2 have referral periods of 30 days or greater.

They should have stated "In order to screw our affiliates and in an attempt not to pay them for referrals...."

New Management
    Mike was a good AM. The current contact is listed as Sam Alexander.
    Thanks Bibby, that means a lot. The new contact is Mike Nelson...

I too am pulling my links to their programs. For almost every product I promote with them I can replace the link with one at another merchant with much, much better terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Carleenp View Post
    I too am pulling my links to their programs. For almost every product I promote with them I can replace the link with one at another merchant with much, much better terms.
    The only way for programs that have awful terms, to learn that their behavior will not be tolerated is to stop promoting that merchant. That's my opinion.

It's a real shame. The program used to have good terms but something happened with the merchant that has changed their views of how to treat their affiliates!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread