Pre-Launching
    Hello all,

First off, I'll admit that what I'm writing you about is not affiliate marketing as i am writing about a product that I created, but it definitely does apply to affiliate products as well.

I am about to do my first ever product launch. As part of the launch, I will be sending out a series of 3 emails, each pointing the subscriber to a new piece of free high-quality content, finally culminating in my sales page.

However, the ebook that I got this launch process from suggests holding a pre-launch for my mailing list subscribers *before* I start the official launch w/the free content and in which I sell the product for a greatly reduced rate for 2 days only. The point is to build some buzz in my list, make some sales, create a feeling of "specialness" for my subscribers, and to get some folks who I could use as case studies I could advertise for the product.

Is this something that you guys would recommend I do, or should I skip right into the main launch?

Thanks so much,

Doron

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    As long as your promotion is not spam I feel the prelaunch is a good idea. That is direct marketing! In the series of emails are you withholding the buy links until the last?

The promotion is definitely not spam, even though it will involve a sales page, but this is a product I created for myself which is 100% on topic for my niche.

In the series of emails, I am actually withholding the buy links until I finally reveal the final sales page.

Thanks so much!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Seems like a lost opportunity. Its like an affiliate trying to sell a product with no buy link. I guess you are running the typical three foot long sales page that answers every possible question.

In email marketing there is a secondary conversion with repeat emails somewhere around seven. That's a branding campaign but it doesn't include negating the buy button.

Here's a challenge, split your list and A/B test, one with buy links and the other without. Report back what you get.

What you're saying makes sense. I guess I'm just following the launch formula I've seen where you're giving out nothing but free content and hold off on asking for the sale until the last piece of content is given away.

As for the sales page, it's going to be mainly video driven, I really want to avoid the 10-mile tall sales page if I can. I like your idea for the split test. Honestly though, I've put so many months into getting this product and launch together that I'm not sure I'm willing to add yet another step to the process as I learn how to set up such an A/B test, but I may just take you up on your suggestion to include the buy link sooner, as long as I can do it without seeming spammy.

Thanks!!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread