Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Best Shared Hosting (Besides HostGator)
    Yep, another hosting thread. I have HostGator already and I'm very happy with them but am looking for another. I did have an incident last year where 1 site got a lot of traffic and the site wasn't available at times because of too many processes going on. Disabled some plugins, got a cache plugin up and running on advice from HostGator and that seemed to do the trick. So, I don't want to add too much more to that account. The new stuff will be all Wordpress, super niche type stuff, so I don't expect to have those issues.

So besides HostGator, which I like, who's the best after that. Going thru some threads now and I see:

Hawk Host - recent thread with a couple of members recommending them

Blue Host - few recommendations over the year

Anybody else?

Something very basic, like $10 a month or less, similar to HostGator Baby Plan, for Wordpress, low traffic sites.

Thanks for any replies.

Lunarpages and Inmotion are both solid as a rock.

A few people I've partnered with on sites over the years have hosted some of the sites on Bluehost... they have a LOT of brief downtime episodes and other funky annoyance factors to deal with.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    I have been using Fastnext for years since Geno managed the program. I have a free account and a paid account(something like around $90 a year). Their support has been improved a lot over the years. Their tech people are very polite and helpful. They are a UK based company.

I was a huge supporter of Lunarpages at the beginning, but they became very quick to change your site without any warning (disable folders, etc) if there was a script that used up too many resources.

My next move was to Hostican, and now I'm loving the folks at LiquidWeb. The "webmaster" shared plan is $20/mo, which I have recommended to a number of friends, but they also offer a standard plan for $15.

I suppose everyone has their own good & bad hosting stories

ABW Ambassador
    It's like there is a pretty clear #1 (HostGator) then after that, so far we have:

Hawk Host
    BlueHost
    Lunarpages
    Inmotion
    Fastnext
    Hostican
    LiquidWeb

There was an old poll awhile back where HostGator got over 50% of the vote - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum - View Poll Results

After that, kind of up in the air.

I should have added a poll to this thread.

I had a shared hosting account briefly (a month? two months?) with Hawk Host before I opened a VPS account elsewhere. Hawk Host was good in my very brief experience.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

I've been with Bluehost for several years. Sometimes I've had minor issues with uptime but generally the support is very good. I use their livechat with technical questions and those guys are very helpful.
    Your Ad Here.

You should also consider smaller Web Hosting providers like Sonicgate Hosting, or A Small Orange. Generally you will have a better customer service experience. Customer Service is almost non-existent in larger companies these days.

9. Thanks From:

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I really like nexcess.net, great support, their hosting is a tad more than the larger hosts, but you can get a shared package for $9.95.

Also working with site5.com, good support and very reasonable prices.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Hostican is now Jumpline and I thought it was a poorly managed transition. With some personal sites right now I am having some issues, and deciding whether to upgrade at Jumpline or move everything. I get good response from Jumpline via their "Customer Manager" but it was sure a lot nicer when you could pick up the phone and call Hostican.

Anyone know anything about Jumpline? I am clueless just a long for the ride lately

Hostican to Jumpline has been a tough migration. Also looking for a solution.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    You could try kualo.com.. been with them for over 7 years now and never a problem..

Hi
    Thank you so much to all my helping friends for sharing good information about wordpress hosting. And I also got good knowledge from you about this service.

If you have more information about hosting service, you can suggest me.

Thanks again
    Kian Walsh

Affiliate Manager
    WebHostingBuzz
    I'm posting here with ABW's permission, but give us a shot. We're not as cheap as a couple on that list but we're definitely within budget. And the extra dollar or two means you get real 24x7 support, a server that doesn't date back to 2003 and has a sensible number of accounts on it.

Website Hosting with a Free Domain Name. Shared Web Hosting from WebHostingBuzz®. Find out why we're the Best Web Host today.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll get some coupons made up for ABW.

Hey, Matt. A good friend is very happy with one of your VPS units and I've been considering an additional host - to spread out a few sites. I never put all my sites in the same place.

The Silver Reseller looks good (even though I do not resell).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager
    Bill,

That's great to hear! Our current VPS is good and popular... and we're excited about the next generation VPS just around the corner

You do not have to resell to use our reseller plans. It's an old-term that many people still search for, but the actual product is great for anyone with multiple websites. I'm very interested in how we can better convey this through on and offsite marketing. So any bright ideas are welcome

Matt

Affiliate Manager
    Oh and it's definitely smart to spread your eggs. We do exactly the same - we have infrastructure in 4 different North American carrier hotels / datacenters and 2 European.

Just saw this thread Trust,
    I too had problems last year in Nov. Just before the rush.
    I done an install of joomla 1.6 that they don't offer and tried everything they suggested and finally switching back to version 1.5.25.
    Never fully recovered from being blocked and around 72 emails back and forth with tech support.
    Their support is good but I too am looking for something that's better.
    After talking to tech on the phone. They believed I'd have the same problems with a VPS, and suggested I go with Dedicated...not at their price.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Just saw this thread Trust,
    I too had problems last year in Nov. Just before the rush.
    I done an install of joomla 1.6 that they don't offer and tried everything they suggested and finally switching back to version 1.5.25.
    Never fully recovered from being blocked and around 72 emails back and forth with tech support.
    Their support is good but I too am looking for something that's better.
    After talking to tech on the phone. They believed I'd have the same problems with a VPS, and suggested I go with Dedicated...not at their price.
    Bob,

Are you referring to us here? 72 emails back and forth sounds like a record. I'd definitely like to look into it if indeed it is us you refer to.

Matt

No. Matt
    "Hostgator";
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Affiliate Manager
    Ok, phew

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostingBuzz-Matt View Post
    If there is sufficient interest, I'll get some coupons made up for ABW.
    Shoot me a coupon and I'll give your basic reseller pkg a shot - and let folks know how it works out. I have a new site planned that I would like to put on a server totally separate from anything I currently have (for just a little bit of SEO edge). Thanks.

I suppose your reseller plans can be upgraded without any work on your customer's part.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Bill,

JUST1DOLLARRESELL will make any of our reseller plans just $1 for the first month. They renew at the normal rate but any time you need to upgrade, hop on live chat or submit a ticket and our team does the hard work

Matt

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, I was leaning towards Inmotion, then I just spent the last few hours reading over at Webhosting Talk, typing in different hosts and reading threads and I think I'm going to go with Hawk Host. They had some of the best reviews over there for shared hosting and I know they've been recommended here as well by Nabz, Kaizen etc.

ICDSoft is really good and super support. I've had a reseller there for years and clients with some pretty sizable sites. They gave me an account to try Drupal on and it works fine.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast